Facebook chat from message hub and facebook status

hharry

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Have anyone noticed that when using facebook chat from the message hub, people still see you as "Web" instead of "Cellphone"? This is pretty annoying since people think you are on your desktop computer while you are actually on your mobile phone, is there a way to change this?

fieldbaker

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Have anyone noticed that when using facebook chat from the message hub, people still see you as "Web" instead of "Cellphone"? This is pretty annoying since people think you are on your desktop computer while you are actually on your mobile phone, is there a way to change this?

I don't use it because every time someone messages me i get SMS-sound and a notice on the upper screen. So if someone writes 5-10 lines in a row, its very annoying. I've tried a find a way to disable the sound for facebook-chat without disabling sms-sound. Do you know anything about this?

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I don't use it because every time someone messages me i get SMS-sound and a notice on the upper screen. So if someone writes 5-10 lines in a row, its very annoying. I've tried a find a way to disable the sound for facebook-chat without disabling sms-sound. Do you know anything about this?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but if you don't use the Message Hub for Facebook chat, why not just disable Facebook chat in the Message Hub rather than looking for a way to turn of notifications/sounds for just Facebook messages in the Message Hub?

Al_2

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I don't think you can change this. But if you set the chat status to Away or Busy it doesn't show you as online but you still receive messages through the hub. I tried testing it once and it seems that every 30 minutes or so it shows you online on FB but then reverts back to the mobile symbol (not as online on mobile). I guess there's some kind of background task running.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss