Nokia Lumia 820 randomly duplicating pictures

anon(8075033)

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Hello!

My Lumia 820 is duplicating random pics, and it creates random amount of copies. Sometimes it creates only one copy, sometimes it creates four of them. It's very annoying, because when I delete the copies, the original picture bugs. I can view it but not apply it to the start screen or add it to favorites. I use a 16Gt memory card to save pictures. I bought the card a few days ago so It's pretty new card. And the phone does not duplicate all pictures, just some randomly. I already sent problem report to Nokia's Facebook page, waiting for them to answer.

Thanks in advance!

I'm sorry if my English is not perfect, I'm from Finland.

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
In my experience doing what Mohd Saif suggests won't fix the problem but by all means try that first, as it will preserve all your data. I ended up having to do a hard reset to fix it. No amount of resetting, formatting the card or any combination thereof fixed it. A hard reset is what it took.

anon(8075033)

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I deleted all my Camera Roll pictures and uninstalled the Nokia Camera app (which I installed by using proxy). Now I have taken like 10 pictures with the normal camera and Nokia Camera Beta app and no have pictures have been duplicated. I have a feeling that the Nokia Camera was duplicating the pictures. But I'm not sure. I will try resetting the phone if pictures are getting duplicated again.

Thanks for the help.

yellowspark007

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Its a bug and you cant fix it... Same was with music which got fixed with gdr2.... Hope gdr3has the fix for it.... I resetted my phone 2times but still it gets duplicated.... But actually i enjoy it...

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I deleted all my Camera Roll pictures and uninstalled the Nokia Camera app (which I installed by using proxy). Now I have taken like 10 pictures with the normal camera and Nokia Camera Beta app and no have pictures have been duplicated. I have a feeling that the Nokia Camera was duplicating the pictures. But I'm not sure. I will try resetting the phone if pictures are getting duplicated again.

Thanks for the help.
I didn't have Nokia Cam installed when I had my issue. I did have ProShot and OneShot installed though. In any case I hope it's fixed for you.

karthineo

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Guys i am facing the same problem with my 820... I find it really annoyin... I tried soft reset wit formattin memory card... It worked for few months... But then again frm today afternoon while takin pics wit default camera app i find duplication of pics.... This is a really annoying bug.... Pls i want a concrete solution,,,,hope tat microsoft fixes the problem in the upcomin GDR 3 update..

akks

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
There's is only one concrete solution as of now. Hard reset. I had that bug completely tackled with hard reset. Soft reset and memory card formatting didn't help for me. Sadly GDR3 already released doesn't address that problem. Lets hope some magic from Nokia's side in Black update.

Fred P

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I had duplicated videos as well. In the end I did a hard reset, feeling reassured I had backed up everything to the cloud. But to restore from the cloud on to my now resetted phone I discovered a limiting bug, it only works with an apn-less 3g connection , WiFi is not supported.. Nor are many carriers. So I was unable to restore !! nb this restore problem was fixed in gdr3 , or so I was told. Good luck

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
priya8923