I want THIS on my Windows Phone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LumiaWorld

May 31, 2013
Visit site
dribble-mini_2x_1x.png

Please, Microsoft! MAKE IT HAPPEN! :grincry::grincry::grincry: Put it on WP 8.1!

index1366

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I don't think that would make it anything more cluttered, why would it make look like that? :p.
Oh, and yes, make this happen, and make it personalized, so you can choose your own background image 😤

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Instead of a wallpaper, I hope MS cleverly use the design in Windows 8.1. Where, you scroll, you'd have some type of animated background. Like the red dragon.

Dave Bhullar

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
You can do this in windows 8.1. So I don't know why they wouldn't let us do this in windows phone. Maybe we'll see this in windows phone 8.1.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
You can do this in windows 8.1. So I don't know why they wouldn't let us do this in windows phone. Maybe we'll see this in windows phone 8.1.

Screen real estate. How in the world would you be able to tell what in the world the image was, with only seeing about 1/8" strips of the image between tiles. This won't happen.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Ugh, hate this kind of ****. Would make Windows Phone sooooooo ugly. But I'm afraid they'll do this once they merge RT and WP.

I don't understand why people are in love with cluttering their start screen. It actually makes it harder to use because your brain/eyes have to separate even more distractions to find what its looking for.

This is why users suck sometimes. They want what is worse for them.

ssjmec

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Better to have choices than not. Some may like it, some may not. You could always not use it if you hate it. Just sayin. Love my 1020 :p

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I would like to have the ability to have different colored backgrounds, but I would never use a picture. My mom has a family picture as the background on her iPhone, but it's covered with icons so you can only make out the random arm or leg. Silly.

However, if a specific user wants it, why not? I'm sure MS will do something going forward, but my guess is it will be the colored background only.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
There was a homebrew app on WP 7.xx that allowed this so it is possible. If that is what people want then there is no reason for them not to do it. It certainly should not be a priority however.

ssjmec

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
While self/family portraits may really look disgusting, pattern/abstract backgrounds may be a bit acceptable..when chosen carefully

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
...if a specific user wants it, why not?

In this particular case, I guess the downside risk to the platform and to all other users is probably minimal. But realize that this request- like all others- has to be prioritized and weighed against whatever MS has to put on hold so they can implement it.

I'm personally not a fan of background images. I love lock screen images, but when it comes time to actually do something I don't want the distraction. I'm still surprised that Steve Jobs approved custom backgrounds for the iPhone. I see so many where the image is low-res, poorly framed and/or incredibly busy or distracting. Throwing that crap behind the incredibly simple grid of icons must make Jobs spin in his grave.

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
And in regards to W8.1 I would say two things:
1) There is a heck of a lot more screen, and a lot more of it is visible because of the large gutters around the tiled area.
2) I think it was also a way to ease the transit on from desktop to metro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss