No update notifications on L920

oraban

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I'm a newbie of WP8 and I don't know why the Store tile never says "1" or more to mean there are apps to be upgraded. It doesn't even say "dowloads/updates" or something similar at the bottom of the screen when I open the Store app, but still there were updates from Facebook and UC Browser (saw the news on this site), for example, and I had to manually search for the these apps in the store in and then press the "Update" button individually for every app in order to update them. How could that be? Is there a particular setting I could have mistaken that does that? Thank you guys

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
The Store tile should update by itself and show you the number of individual app updates that are available. However, it is normal to read an article on wpcentral.com for example, about an update to an app when it has just happened, but your Store live tile is not showing any updates. This is because your phone will only check periodically for updates, not all of the time. I can't remember the period of time between checks, it may be once every day, I can't be sure though.

Sometimes my store tile does not update as often as I expect it to, but like you mentioned, you can always go into the store and go to a particular app to update it manually if you know there is an update waiting for it.

Have you waited a few days to see if your Store tile shows any updates? If after a few days there is no indication of any updates and you know there is definitely updates available for some of your apps, then try some of the suggestions in this thread, which have helped other people with this same issue.

Marko Bosnjovic

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Before installation of App Social Beta I had under Store notifications about updates,but after that things change.Now in Music+video I have another Store,and under Store updates show up.Try.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon