Some questions to ask

BatteryLife

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, sorry if this isn't the right section to ask questions in as I can't find any sections labelled Q&A.
I bought a Lumia 520 in September, and since then its been pretty smooth. However, I have some problems with it too,

1) Keep WiFi when screen is locked option is unticked. WiFi will turn off by itself, until this bug turns up. After maybe few hours later (or sometimes a day, time is not fixed), the WiFi will just continue running in the background. Even if I switch Battery Saving on, I can still be hit by this bug. The only way to turn it off is to restart the phone. This can be quite annoying for me, anyone else facing this issue?

2) Sometimes when I lock the screen, the screen will turn black, but the backlight will still be on for around 2-3 seconds. This happens maybe 1 out of 5 times of locking the screen. It is not really visible during daytime but at night, it will be very obvious. This can be frustrating because sometimes I forgotten to do something and need to power on the screen again. I have to wait until the backlight to turn off before I am able to turn on the screen again. Is this a common problem?

+another question I want to ask:
3) I know this have been asked a lot of times already, but none have been given a specific and accurate answer, :grincry:. I personally hate the alphabetical shortcuts that appear in the app list. I've been trying to prevent it from getting it on my phone, so I have been limiting the number of apps I have. Some people say not to exceed 45 apps. My question is, does the number 45 include stock apps (eg. Alarms, Calculator, Calendar, Camera, Data Sense, Games, Help + Tips, Hotmail, Internet Explorer, Messaging, Music+Videos, Office, OneNote, People, Phone, Photos, Settings, Store and wallet)? And also does the number depend on the apps currently owned (regardless of unistalled apps) or does it depend on total number of installed-before apps (including unistalled apps). Does the number 45 include the installed settings (glance)?

Sorry for the long post lol, glad if you could give me an answer, thanks in advance =D,
Battery.

MitakooBG

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
I can't answer 1 and 2, because I'm using lumia 820. But sometimes I have problem number 2 D:

3)Count only currently installed apps(stock apps + other apps that you have installed). On my phone this number is ~30.

BatteryLife

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
wow, if include stock apps, can only install 25 apps o_O
Is prob 2 a known problem? I did not notice whether i had the problem when I had pre-amber+gdr2, but i noticed it both on gdr2 and gdr3 preview....

dhruvribu

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
hey,my L520 is connected to a wifi router,i dont remember the password, i want to view the password so that i can use it on some other device

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
To OP,
2. My screen does that sometimes as well. Though I never thought of it as a bug.
3. The alphabetical sort list appears with your forty-fifth app. That is, 45 apps on your app list (including the stock apps). This does not include games, or apps that you have purchased but do not have installed.

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Also if you hit the 45 mark, it will stay that way. I personally like the list like that, but I have tons of stuff on my phone

BatteryLife

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Good to know that its a common problem =D, then I don't have to worry too much about it.
Been trying to control my apps... Seems too hard heh

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720