Not many people know this...

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
This is true. Specially problematic when you dont remember the apps name. I dont know was this mentioned, but wasnt organizing the apps list coming in WP8.1? At least I saw it in some of the leaks.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Even with the letters, the list can be very annoying to scroll through if you have a ton of apps.

Part of it is they are all single file so you don't get many on a page. (Mentioned above.)

The only reason is you don't always know what an app is called so the letters are not always helpful. For example is it Nokia Here Maps or just Here Maps? Not the best example as most of us have that pinned, but you get the idea...

It totally is a first world problem though. :smile:
Yup - it is a pain (and a first world problem) when we can't remember the names of apps. I have well over 200 apps installed, so it would be nice if you could either group apps by function (all photography apps, for instance), or even change the name that appears in the app list, as we've been able to do on Windows for more than 20 years (change the name of the shortcut). I've taken to using the search feature of the app list a good bit now, but even then there are times when you can't remember what's in a title, just know what the app does.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
This has been my experience, as well. I don't know if it is universal, though, because IIRC I've seen people post that they deleted enough to get rid of the jump list. Don't know how accurate that is, because I haven't had it happen. For me, though, it would take a lot of deleting to test this out. I have over 200 apps installed. :wink:

200+ apps? I don't even have that many installed on my Android device!

I've never seen the jump list disappear. Since my WP is my 2nd device I don't have too many apps on it. I would actually prefer the jump list isn't there. But in my experience as well it remains, even after removing apps to get under 46 installed.

The only reason is you don't always know what an app is called so the letters are not always helpful. For example is it Nokia Here Maps or just Here Maps? Not the best example as most of us have that pinned, but you get the idea...

Yes this happens to me as well. It's also a valid complaint on Android. Although for both WP & Android, I know where to go for the apps I use most that aren't on the home screen.

It totally is a first world problem though. :smile:

Hey, I'm grateful we have the opportunity to have problems like this. It could be worse! :grin: We indeed live in wonderful times. Like I tell my kids when they beg to play with my phone, "Grandpa never let me play with his!"

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
200+ apps? I don't even have that many installed on my Android device!
Yes, I have a lot because often when WPCentral runs an article, I download the app to check it out. Just because they're on my phone doesn't mean I use them. :wink:

Like I tell my kids when they beg to play with my phone, "Grandpa never let me play with his!"
Love that line! I'll have to use a variation with my grandkids!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05