Lumia 920 Jailbreaking Video(Dec 29 updates)

ssjmec

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: Lumia 920 Jailbreaking Coming Soon

Its only a registry value change to enable the extra row of tiles. For this you need to be able to manipulate registry. Samsung Ativ S, which is basically the same device as Lumia 920 has been iterop unlocked. Here you see my today screen:
View attachment 52855

Im jealous. So, how is the usability of these tiles? Some say due to very small tiles, it is useless to have those on smaller screens. How is it for you? I wish I can do this to my 1020 lol

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

Lovely, malware infected phones are on the way. I can already hear the moaning.

why? without further mods, only deployed apps can do higher-level stuff, and you control them. Most likely, we would get something like root tools to select which apps can escape their sandbox, and nothing would change..

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site

Not for me. Jail Breaking is one thing but to what end? There is no evidence, empirical or otherwise that this won't be more than what happens on Android 24/7, not paying developers for their work. I want to see that this won't become a portal to all kinds of malware on Windows phone. Not to mention we don't know the identities or motives of the hackers forcing open this OS claiming it does one thing but at the same time giving them unprecedented access to personal information, pass codes, banking information many of us store there all while you marvel at a few additional background colors.

I know what the OP said won't happen but I know what did happen with both IOS and Android. There is NO evidence that this won't become what happens on WP too. Especially with the number of people that protest the .99 and 1.49 cent price tag on many WP apps.

WNxAshik

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site

Cant w8!

We could finally overclock the processors, custom animations, tiles, backgrounds!!!

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

Cant w8!

We could finally overclock the processors, custom animations, tiles, backgrounds!!!

for processor overclcking, you'd need much more than root or interop unlock, and it's way more device specific.. but the rest sounds fine :)
and custom keyboard shortcuts!

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site

I would think that the small tiles on a 920 with an extra row of tiles would be too small to even distinguish. What's the point? I mean, I get it on the 1520 because that has a HUGE screen, but it would just look silly on the 920...

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I would think that the small tiles on a 920 with an extra row of tiles would be too small to even distinguish. What's the point? I mean, I get it on the 1520 because that has a HUGE screen, but it would just look silly on the 920...

This is what I think as well.

The only like thing I would like to have is a colour wheel to pick the exact colour I want on my tiles.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site

Nobody is forcing any one of you to "jailbreak" your phone, so all of you out there scared for security are safe.
I always love the freedom of choice so I say yes to jailbraking/rooting.

heat 33330

May 9, 2013
Visit site

Really? If you don't want to "jailbreak" just don't post here and move on, nobody's holding a gun to your head and making you jailbreak your phone. Stop ruining it for everyone else - if some people want to jailbreak their phone so be it but you don't have to come in here moaning and whinging about it.
You can stay stay in the walled garden and be Microsoft's b*tch for as long as you want but that doesn't mean everybody else has to. So just don't bother posting and move on. Or is that just too hard for you to do?

Localhorst86

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site

Meh, I am not going to get too excited here. The translation is way too vague, plus it's not yet released. What's defined as Jaipbreak? Dev unlock? Interop? Full?

So until there's a release I am going not to care. Once its released and it is evident what in includes, I might be interested.

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Really? If you don't want to "jailbreak" just don't post here and move on, nobody's holding a gun to your head and making you jailbreak your phone. Stop ruining it for everyone else - if some people want to jailbreak their phone so be it but you don't have to come in here moaning and whinging about it.
You can stay stay in the walled garden and be Microsoft's b*tch for as long as you want but that doesn't mean everybody else has to. So just don't bother posting and move on. Or is that just too hard for you to do?

then uhhh how come If you want choice, then why aren't you in android ? I mean you made it sound like its a bad thing to be secure in w8

nocial

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site

I would have opted for phandroid/hayphone if I wanted anything to do with jailbreaking.

mrappbrain

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site

Nobody is being Microsoft's b***h here. We are just pointing out the downsides of jailbreaking your device. There is no need to come here charging in like an angry bull and make an angry comment. The problem is that even if few people jailbreak, the effects will be felt by everybody else. As some people pirate apps, devs will lose interest, and that is something we really dont want happening.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Its only a registry value change to enable the extra row of tiles. For this you need to be able to manipulate registry. Samsung Ativ S, which is basically the same device as Lumia 920 has been iterop unlocked. Here you see my today screen:
View attachment 52855

it makes me laugh when people say this won't work on a non 1080p device. Take his screenshot and make it fit perfectly on your screen. On my 1020, those smaller tiles are still PERFECTLY usable. They are not much smaller than what is already on our devices.

mister2d

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site

Nobody is being Microsoft's b***h here. We are just pointing out the downsides of jailbreaking your device. There is no need to come here charging in like an angry bull and make an angry comment. The problem is that even if few people jailbreak, the effects will be felt by everybody else. As some people pirate apps, devs will lose interest, and that is something we really dont want happening.

To be fair, this was going to happen whether people wanted it or not. Might as well watch from the sidelines and let those who welcome it, enjoy it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills