problem with syncing contact?

Ahmed Moussa2

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

just bought Lumia 520 and i like it so much, i have added my hotmail account and unfortunately the phone pulled all my hotmail contacts to the phone and thats something i dont want, i thought i will just sync emails why it synced contacts as well, and now i know that i cannot delete the hotmail account from the phone unless doing a reset which means i will lost my phone contacts.
all what i want is not syncing hotmail contacts with my phone contacts, is there any way i can do that? is there is anyway i can choose to show only my phone contacts?

Thanks guys

Paritosh Rai

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
In the People hub settings, there is an option to filter your contacts. You can choose to un-check the Hotmail contacts option and I think that should do what you want.

Ahmed Moussa2

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Paritosh, i have tried that and when i uncheck Hotmail all contacts disappeared!! apparently the phone is now considering both [phone contacts and hotmail contacts] as one thing :(
i dont know what to do, i am really disappointed !!

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
There is no such thing as "phone contacts". All your contacts will be synced with one or more email accout, depending on where you save the contact. Its a safe way, as you will always have backup on your email account.
When you tap on a contact in the people hub, below the name it displays the account that it is linked to. A contact can be linked to more than one email account.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro