Hi guys,

just bought Lumia 520 and i like it so much, i have added my hotmail account and unfortunately the phone pulled all my hotmail contacts to the phone and thats something i dont want, i thought i will just sync emails why it synced contacts as well, and now i know that i cannot delete the hotmail account from the phone unless doing a reset which means i will lost my phone contacts.
    all what i want is not syncing hotmail contacts with my phone contacts, is there any way i can do that? is there is anyway i can choose to show only my phone contacts?

Thanks guys
    12-27-2013 05:15 AM
    In the People hub settings, there is an option to filter your contacts. You can choose to un-check the Hotmail contacts option and I think that should do what you want.
    12-27-2013 05:27 AM
    Thanks Paritosh, i have tried that and when i uncheck Hotmail all contacts disappeared!! apparently the phone is now considering both [phone contacts and hotmail contacts] as one thing :(
    i dont know what to do, i am really disappointed !!
    12-27-2013 01:08 PM
    There is no such thing as "phone contacts". All your contacts will be synced with one or more email accout, depending on where you save the contact. Its a safe way, as you will always have backup on your email account.
    When you tap on a contact in the people hub, below the name it displays the account that it is linked to. A contact can be linked to more than one email account.
    12-27-2013 01:12 PM