Problem with syncing to iTunes through Desktop App on Windows

harrywilde

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
I have had my 920 for just over a month now, and love it and the OS despite some minor setbacks. One setback however is not minor, it is incredibly annoying, and that is the method in which music is added to the phone. I am a student who commutes, as well as a DJ - not just a hobby I have done my fair share of gigs - and so like to keep the music on my phone fresh, and for it to be organised so I can listen easily on the move. Now I do love the MixRadio app, it is nicely executed and has some nice features, but when it comes to syncing my phone with my laptop the problems begin. I connect it to the laptop and it triggers the startup sequence of the desktop app, but once inside there is a persistent error occurring with loading the iTunes library and the "sync" button is greyed out which basically means it is impossible to sync with iTunes. Upon trying the other method, which I wouldn't mind having to use if it were to actually work. You'd thinkyou could just drag and drop files onto the phone - this would be a better solution - but not only is going through my entire collection ticking individual ARTISTS rather than albums tedious, but some albums and tracks simply do not appear and I cannot find a way of getting them on my phone. Furthermore, once I do manage to sync my fragmented collection on - after already missing half of it probably due to the poor UI - I find that many of the tracks fall under "Unknown Album/Artist", I reiterate I am a DJ, and fully computer literate; all of my music files are fully tagged and so should appear in their respective albums yet many just don't want to. Help! Has anyone else experienced these issues and no of a fix?

tl;dr iTunes sync button is grey and cannot be clicked, the other method of syncing music to my phone through the desktop app is bad. What do?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea