Another day without live tiles

QilleRz

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Is it all your app have live tile updating problem? Mine only weather app has that problem. It has been 2 days not updating. Using MoWeather. Just fixed it yesterday. Doing soft reset and everything works fine now.

jacob114489

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Is it all your app have live tile updating problem? Mine only weather app has that problem. It has been 2 days not updating. Using MoWeather. Just fixed it yesterday. Doing soft reset and everything works fine now.

Yes, every app I tried disabling most of my background task which I have been doing with a maximum of 5. Soft reset and still no luck. Amazing weather HD, battery level, and WP central and Facebook are the only live tiles I have.

QilleRz

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Yes, every app I tried disabling most of my background task which I have been doing with a maximum of 5. Soft reset and still no luck. Amazing weather HD, battery level, and WP central and Facebook are the only live tiles I have.

Try uninstalling and install them back.

Also check your background tasks in setting to make sure the app you want the live tile to be updated is not blocked.

Detectionable

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Used to happen to me in WP7.8 a lot, its not just background tasks that you can disable that affect it, its the ones that are greyed out in Advanced background tasks that cause it too

Getting them down to a lower number by uninstalling apps I wasn't using, automatically enabled Live Tiles and notifications for me

rudrAgni

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Within the apps which you are not using for live tiles, enter settings and disable live tiles option. It will fix it. I had the same issue and I fixed it by doing this. You can also choose to uninstall the apps which you are not using.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
My sister and I have been having this issue for over I week. I have a Lumia 920 with the developer GDR3, and she has a Lumia 1020 with black/gdr3. I tried posting about this a few days ago, and the issue wasn't resolved. I don't know what to do. :'(

anselmo4

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Hello. I have the same problem. Live tiles are not updating. I noticed especially with Accu Weather and the Battery app. I actually installed 2 battery applications just to be sure that the 1st one did not have some kind of bug. I have tried all of the above but in vain. Most importantly: the tiles not working after the Lumia Black update! I own a 925. I am planning to ask the developers of the mentioned apps maybe we are not the only ones. Keep you updated guys

b8ll

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
This is my second day without live tiles updating, anyone constantly have live tile problems?

Yes. I'm going on my second year without live tiles auto-updating. They initially worked for several weeks when the phone was out-of-the-box and again for a few days after Amber/GDR2. None of the "uninstall apps, disable live tile within apps, power off, soft reset, limit to 5 live tile apps, do the hokey pokey" advice worked.

Hope you fare better.

Jason Drum

May 28, 2013
Visit site
All the answers are going to be "I did this and magically it fixed it" so take them with a grain of salt, not getting your hopes up too much. That being said, some other threads on the topic have said clear IE history, which has worked for me. Or so I think, haha.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
This fix may sound strange, but it has worked for me (and others) in the past. In the setting -> background tasks there is a button at the bottom called "advanced". Click it and see how many apps are listed there that you don't use. Delete those from your phone in the app list. I've had over 10 apps running in the background with live tiles working no problem, but it seems when that advanced list gets too full is when I've had problems.

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
You don't necessarily have to delete apps, but some apps as mentioned run background tasks and are not blockable in the 'background tasks' settings page. And the deal seems to be that you can't have too many running or the system gets overloaded and stops working completely or unreliably. What worked for me and has since, is go into each app individually that you have installed and make sure any that have live tiles and/or background tasks turned on in their settings are disabled even if you have them blocked at the background tasks settings page. Essentially you have your 5 on that show enabled and a bunch of others that don't allow you to block them from that page so you end up with too many running unknowingly. Hope this helps and feel free to ask for clarification if needed.

Edit: Oh and the best 'guess' right now among some people is around 15 or so apps running agents (Live Tiles, Background Tasks), but that is a total guess and could be higher. However I would shoot for that number to get it fixed and once working, then slowly add to it until it stops working properly then you have the number that works for your device if it's not a hard cap for all.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
What worked for me was deleting the apps I didn't need. What didn't work for me was manually turning off the live tile inside the settings of each app. So far, making sure that I don't have too many apps installed that end up in the "advanced" menu has worked for me across multiple devices: 920, 1020, 1520. I have tried to simply turn off the background tasks inside each app and that hasn't worked if I have too many apps in the "advanced" menu. What the magic number is, I don't know.

xchange

Banned
Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Yes. I'm going on my second year without live tiles auto-updating. They initially worked for several weeks when the phone was out-of-the-box and again for a few days after Amber/GDR2. None of the "uninstall apps, disable live tile within apps, power off, soft reset, limit to 5 live tile apps, do the hokey pokey" advice worked.

Hope you fare better.

This amazes me. Live Tiles were supposed to be a signature feature of WP8 and for people to still be having this particular problem so long after the fact astounds me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes