Guys I Need Your Help! That Last Update has ruined my phone!!!!

killakiloz

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
hey guys,
So i have an HTC 8x running OS version: 8.0.10521.155 and firmware 3030.0.41201.666

i have been running GDR3 ever since i downloaded that preview for developers that allows us to bypass carriers for updates. after i updated to GDR 3 everything was great...phone was lightening fast, facebook integrated chat worked flawlessly, and life was good. Then a few weeks ago microsoft pushed out another update, and ever since then my phone has been a trainwreck. No matter what app i launch, whether it be messaging tile, or phone, i get those loading dots for anywhere from 10-25 seconds. sometimes my message threads never load, facebook chat does not work 100% of the time, and the phone generally crashes and freezes way more than it ever used too. Is anyone else experiencing these issues or anything similar? does anyone know of a fix? would be much appreciated guys

Donald Burr

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Thoughts and things you may have already tried...
1.) full factory hard reset
2.) Reload the GDR3
3.) See if there is a way to back up to GDR2 until the "Black" release is final

killakiloz

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Thoughts and things you may have already tried...
1.) full factory hard reset
2.) Reload the GDR3
3.) See if there is a way to back up to GDR2 until the "Black" release is final

thanks for the response!
How do I reload GDR 3 on my phone? Not to sure how that is done but am willing to try it! I don't really want to do a full factory reset, as it would be the 4th time I've had to lol, but if it comes down to it......

Sebastianx

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
thanks for the response!
How do I reload GDR 3 on my phone? Not to sure how that is done but am willing to try it! I don't really want to do a full factory reset, as it would be the 4th time I've had to lol, but if it comes down to it......

Just try to reset your phone. I have no idea if you can go back to GDR2 because on lumia devices we can easily go back to previous version using the retail updater.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium