Tethering android tablet to Lumia 1020 using tether x?

anapollosun

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Please forgive me, i am new to most of this, but... I have found an app called tether x, which allows for WiFi tethering, but it only shows an example of connecting to a PC. I just want to know if its possible to piggyback my Nexus 7 onto my WP8 device.

It appears that an ad-hoc WiFi router needs to be created due to WP8 limitations, however, I am having a hard time finding one for android - or I may be looking in the wrong places. I understand this is a wp8 forum, but I am just wondering if this is even possible

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Please forgive me, i am new to most of this, but... I have found an app called tether x, which allows for WiFi tethering, but it only shows an example of connecting to a PC. I just want to know if its possible to piggyback my Nexus 7 onto my WP8 device.

It appears that an ad-hoc WiFi router needs to be created due to WP8 limitations, however, I am having a hard time finding one for android - or I may be looking in the wrong places. I understand this is a wp8 forum, but I am just wondering if this is even possible

In your Windows Phone 8 device, just goto Settings/Internet Share and turn it on......there is a default Network Name and Pass ( which can be changed to what you wish), then much like setting up your tablet on your home wi-fi you tap connect and enter in pass word.

No extra software should be needed.

P.S. I have my phone's unlimited data as back up for when my home network drops out from time to time. The phone can handle up to 8 other devices through WiFi hot spot.

Last edited:

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site

The device that will be fed via WiFi doesn't need a special app, just turn on WiFi.

Malcolm Clement

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting an Android head unit for my car and would like to know how to set up the network from the head unit so that I can use Tether-X from my Lumia 1020 to provide internet to the Android head unit... Anyone have tips on this? I've only seen instructions for setting it up in Windows 8

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb