Please forgive me, i am new to most of this, but... I have found an app called tether x, which allows for WiFi tethering, but it only shows an example of connecting to a PC. I just want to know if its possible to piggyback my Nexus 7 onto my WP8 device.

It appears that an ad-hoc WiFi router needs to be created due to WP8 limitations, however, I am having a hard time finding one for android - or I may be looking in the wrong places. I understand this is a wp8 forum, but I am just wondering if this is even possible
    12-29-2013 01:07 AM
    Please forgive me, i am new to most of this, but... I have found an app called tether x, which allows for WiFi tethering, but it only shows an example of connecting to a PC. I just want to know if its possible to piggyback my Nexus 7 onto my WP8 device.

It appears that an ad-hoc WiFi router needs to be created due to WP8 limitations, however, I am having a hard time finding one for android - or I may be looking in the wrong places. I understand this is a wp8 forum, but I am just wondering if this is even possible
    In your Windows Phone 8 device, just goto Settings/Internet Share and turn it on......there is a default Network Name and Pass ( which can be changed to what you wish), then much like setting up your tablet on your home wi-fi you tap connect and enter in pass word.

No extra software should be needed.

P.S. I have my phone's unlimited data as back up for when my home network drops out from time to time. The phone can handle up to 8 other devices through WiFi hot spot.
    Last edited by Greywolf1967; 12-29-2013 at 03:37 AM.
    12-29-2013 03:22 AM
    This costs an extra monthly premium, no? I'm w/ att, not sure if it matters
    12-30-2013 03:19 AM

The device that will be fed via WiFi doesn't need a special app, just turn on WiFi.
    12-30-2013 04:24 AM
    I'm getting an Android head unit for my car and would like to know how to set up the network from the head unit so that I can use Tether-X from my Lumia 1020 to provide internet to the Android head unit... Anyone have tips on this? I've only seen instructions for setting it up in Windows 8
    04-16-2014 03:44 PM