WP "mango" 7.5 musicplayer on WP 8? Possible?

baandoptager

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
So, one thing that i find extremely annoying with Windows Phone 8 is all the clutter and issues with the built in music player. Even the new XBOX music app is absolutely horrible. Artwork takes forever to load and you can't have your own "on device" collection, unless you insist on having a whole bunch of grey tiles (Since there is no ID3 tag support for album art)

So.... Long story short.... I loved the cultter free super fast music player in 7.5/7.8. So i was wondering, does anyone know it if would be possible to get that onto WP8 as an app perhaps????

Someone please say yes!!!!! :)

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Isn't the Windows phone 7.5/7.8 music player the Zune Music player? Then no, i can't see that coming back as an app since zune is dead and replaced by Xbox.

Unless you're talking about something else, then in that case, my apologies for mistaking but if it is the Zune player, no that will not be coming back as an app.
So, one thing that i find extremely annoying with Windows Phone 8 is all the clutter and issues with the built in music player. Even the new XBOX music app is absolutely horrible. Artwork takes forever to load and you can't have your own "on device" collection, unless you insist on having a whole bunch of grey tiles (Since there is no ID3 tag support for album art)

So.... Long story short.... I loved the cultter free super fast music player in 7.5/7.8. So i was wondering, does anyone know it if would be possible to get that onto WP8 as an app perhaps????

Someone please say yes!!!!! :)

baandoptager

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
It's far from the same.... WP8.0 has a grey background and updates covers and artwork extremely slow at times. I just want the old 7.5 player back with the black background and without all the annoying apps related to music.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
It's far from the same.... WP8.0 has a grey background and updates covers and artwork extremely slow at times. I just want the old 7.5 player back with the black background and without all the annoying apps related to music.

The answer to this is no, not going to happen. It isn't that Zune is dead, it's the amount of work needed to forward port part of an obsolete OS based on a different kernel.

Last edited:

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I didnt say Zune music software i said: 7.5 or 7.8. It's same kernel.

Exactly, you did say 7.5 or 7.8 and I'm saying that 7.5 and 7.8 have a different kernel, the Windows CE kernel to be precise whereas WP8 uses the NT kernel. Forward porting something is not as easy as recompiling it, it would need major changes to the OS as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes