Chances of Lumia Phablet with 41 megapixel ??

njnbat

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
i love the new lumia 1520 and am thinking about upgrading my phone from lumia 920 to lumia 1520 .However i am also confused if i need to wait for next version of 1520 may be with a 41 megapixel camera . That would be awesome as i love having a good camera phone like the 1020.
Do u feel chances of lumia phablets launching with camera abilities of 1020.

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I think 20mpx is quite enough for phone. It might be not as good as camera inside 1020, but at least better that anything else on the market. :)

amrut_m

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
I dont think so Nokia will be putting a 41mp camera in new phone.
phones such as 1020 1520 are niche devices, they need to gain market share,so they are keen on developing cheap and affordable phones,such as 520 620 720.
These devices did better everywhere specially 520.

In developing countries their are very few people who buy high end phones as they cost a bomb.
For my country India, 1020 costs more than 1520. Their are no carrier's or so so have to buy it at full cost.

The Idea of plonking 41mp sensor in a snap 800 seems great and everyone wants that but out their in real their will be very few people and few enthusiasts who will buy them.

Putting so much research and development costs a lot and time too. The original 808 took yrs to develop and perfect.

Nokia and Microsoft need more marketshare so the idea of 41mp in a plablet will take time, untill unless their is some new developments in camera dept.

I myself was in the same boat but then as a photography enthusiast went and got the 1020.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I dont think so Nokia will be putting a 41mp camera in new phone.
phones such as 1020 1520 are niche devices, they need to gain market share,so they are keen on developing cheap and affordable phones,such as 520 620 720.
These devices did better everywhere specially 520.

In developing countries their are very few people who buy high end phones as they cost a bomb.
For my country India, 1020 costs more than 1520. Their are no carrier's or so so have to buy it at full cost.

The Idea of plonking 41mp sensor in a snap 800 seems great and everyone wants that but out their in real their will be very few people and few enthusiasts who will buy them.

Putting so much research and development costs a lot and time too. The original 808 took yrs to develop and perfect.

Nokia and Microsoft need more marketshare so the idea of 41mp in a plablet will take time, untill unless their is some new developments in camera dept.

I myself was in the same boat but then as a photography enthusiast went and got the 1020.

They are not going to just shelve that technology. Nobody else has it. There will certainly be a successor to the 1020. You may not see that camera on a large screen device as it would likely knock it out of an acceptable price range.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven