WP tiles to become 3D cubes !!

madyrocksin

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft Invents a New 3D UI for Mobile Devices

Microsoft notes that the user interface will include interactively rotatable three-dimensional structures each comprised of regions, each region displaying a graphic representing a corresponding application, the applications activatable by interaction with the three-dimensional structures.

Furthermore, applications will be able to be assigned to structures (volumes) manually or automatically. The three-dimensional structure may be rotated and otherwise manipulated by user input.

6a0168e68320b0970c01a51011cce7970c-800wi

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
WP9 wellcome :D. Those patant pictures allwaya look horrible but when things are done they look much better.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 820 using Tapatalk

WPmunkey

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm interested to see what comes of it. And this is the same answer everyone else in here meant too. I mean how can you judge the looks of something you've never seen? ;p

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Not really, a cube is only a cube when its spun. Seeing the cube from the front is still a tile. I write about cubes over a year ago, anticipating this is how wp8 evolution would look like.

Just think for instance, the messaging tile. You unlock your phone, see the messaging tile with a message, you turn it and the keyboard pops up and you type away. You can always tap the tile to enter into the messaging "app". Extra functionality without breaking the old dynamics.

Last edited:

greedypnguin

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Not really, a cube is only a cube when its spun. Seeing the cube front the front is still a tile. I write about cubes over a year ago, anticipating this is how wp8 evolution would look like.

Just think for instance, the messaging tile. You unlock your phone, see the messaging tile with a message, you turn it and the keyboard pops up and you type away. You can always tap the tile to enter into the messaging "app". Extra functionality without breaking the old dynamics.

This, I wouldn't mind

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Ah huh. I wonder what Microsoft is hatching with these 3D cubes? App Notification cube? Quick access to contacts you use most cube? Email cube? Game Cube? Yeah, the last one was on purpose. But whats up? I suspect MS is just owning the patient before google or Apple gets it.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Ah huh. I wonder what Microsoft is hatching with these 3D cubes? App Notification cube? Quick access to contacts you use most cube? Email cube? Game Cube? Yeah, the last one was on purpose. But whats up? I suspect MS is just owning the patient before google or Apple gets it.

Seriously, why would you think that? WWhat other same actions have ms done? Honest question. This 3d cube thing seems like a natural step in design. Anything else would break WP UI entirely.

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Maybe it could be used as a toggle for WiFi on/off, mobile data off/ 2g/3g/ lte; Bluetooth on/off. I would like that.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Tiles are flat. Cubes are flat when seen head-on. Therefore, you have cubes made of tiles.

I'm just hoping that this paves the way for live tiles becoming widgets, and more information being shown on them. Last time I checked, cubes have six faces, after all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss