Can I fix the start screen?

Izaerian

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
OK, it might just be a personal pet peeve, and I couldn't figure out the best wording to search for my answer. When I press the Win key, I get Start Screen like pic 1, but I want it to be like pic 2 so that my lower row of icons are not cut in half. I would prefer the info overlap at the top instead of my icons cut in half. Is this possible?wp8start.JPG

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Personally I like it the normal way

But nope, you can't change it as of now except scroll it every time

(btw, is that an 8XT?)

manicottiK

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
OK, it might just be a personal pet peeve, and I couldn't figure out the best wording to search for my answer. When I press the Win key, I get Start Screen...[with] my lower row of icons are ... cut in half. I would prefer the...my icons [not] cut in half. Is this possible?
Not the way that you described. An answer, but not really a good one, is to get a phone with a 1280x720 resolution (HTX 8x, Samsung?) screen -- those fit in that whole row of tiles because the aspect ratio is different.

Izaerian

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Yep, I had intended to get the Ativ S, but no go at local Sprint Store, and my droid was smash into little teeny bits. I wanted a higher res screen, but once I held the 8xt in my hand it just felt "right" very comfortable and quite quick.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos