Download and attach files

bertles

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi folks,

I may be being a bit special here, but i can't attach a file I download to an email.

I open the My Server app to access the work server, and open the appropriate PDF I want.

This opens in Adobe Reader and is clearly cached.

Then in Outlook I reply or compose and tap attach. There is no downloads folder visible and the attach function only looks for photos and not files.

So...

How do I attach a file to an email?

Where are my downloads stored as they are not visible in File Explorer?

How do I save a file in My Server as opposed to open a file?

Ta.

ag1986

Banned
Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to the wonderful world of WP email.

You cannot directly attach anything but photos to an email.

You need to find this PDF in Office Hub and tap n'hold, and Share via email. I'm not sure if the PDF is being downloaded as such because if so it should show up in Office Hub - I've never used My Server to be able to test this.

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft needs to add more uploading features than just pictures to the email. What about business people that needs docs or powerpoint files to be attached from the email? Going to the hub is not fast enough, you need to click several times until you attach the thing. Doing directly from the email is the most easy and convenience way to do it.

bertles

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
You cannot directly attach anything but photos to an email.

What the #@%&?

That's ridiculous! What is this 1991?

The PDF from My Server opens in Adobe Reader and is stored/cached on the Recent section there. It doesn't show in Office Hub.

So in essence, I cannot download a file in the most common format in history from a Microsoft Server to a Microsoft Phone and email it?

Android have already won, MS should retire with grace.

This is embarrassing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss