Syncing Contacts

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
For some reason when I create a contact in the people list on my phone its not syncing to my Microsoft live.com account. However, if I enter a contact on live.com it does end up on my phone. I checked my settings but I must be missing something. Any clues?

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
For some reason when I create a contact in the people list on my phone its not syncing to my Microsoft live.com account. However, if I enter a contact on live.com it does end up on my phone. I checked my settings but I must be missing something. Any clues?

when you create a contact on your phone it should ask you which account the contact is registered to, if you have multiple MS accounts make sure you have picked the correct account, for example I have 4 MS accounts, 1 is hotmail, 1 under msn, 1 under outlook and 1 under yahoo, my phone is registered under my MS yahoo account so when i put in a new contact i have to select the yahoo account, you can go to settings>email+accounts and check which email account your phone is registered to under Microsoft account

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
when you create a contact on your phone it should ask you which account the contact is registered to, if you have multiple MS accounts make sure you have picked the correct account, for example I have 4 MS accounts, 1 is hotmail, 1 under msn, 1 under outlook and 1 under yahoo, my phone is registered under my MS yahoo account so when i put in a new contact i have to select the yahoo account, you can go to settings>email+accounts and check which email account your phone is registered to under Microsoft account

Fortunately for me I only have the one live.com account that stores my contacts. I just checked my settings on my phone and the email box is checked under the "content to sync" (not 100% sure what that means). as a test I deleted the contact in my people hub and reentered it. It never did show up on my list of contacts on my live.com account on the web or my surface. Not sure what I m doing wrong. Grrrrr frustrating.

Update: I don't know what I did, but they showed up in my people hub online and surface. Thread can be closed I guess

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo