Linkedin and Spotify

David Ibarra

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
When using Linkedin and Spotify I have noticed that the WM8 Apps do not behave at all as their counterparts on Android and IOS and maybe someone will clarify. I describe below some of the differences

Linkedin

When you receive an invite and you press view profile you can only see the person and his connection #'s but you cannot see his profile as in other platforms. Basically you have to accept his invite without knowing much more or go out of the invite view and perform a search to figure out the details of the person on the main screens. This create a lot more work to just decide if I accept or not an invite

Spotify

a) As an example If I find a blog that has created a playlist in spotify in other platforms If I click on that link it will load the playlist on the phone spotify app but it does not do that on WM8,
b) I also found that the RADIO is not featured, I am assuming this is because I have a NOKIA phone and they have NOKIA radio???

DBDev

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to WPCentral!

Yea, it's sad that the devs doesn't make as good apps for WP as for the other platforms... :unhappy:

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Spotify doesn't care about wp8 users :'( the app is stable but we are missing tons of features...

My main gripe is that any songs I download on my desktop do not sync on my phone...

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
When using Linkedin and Spotify I have noticed that the WM8 Apps do not behave at all as their counterparts on Android and IOS and maybe someone will clarify. I describe below some of the differences

Linkedin

When you receive an invite and you press view profile you can only see the person and his connection #'s but you cannot see his profile as in other platforms. Basically you have to accept his invite without knowing much more or go out of the invite view and perform a search to figure out the details of the person on the main screens. This create a lot more work to just decide if I accept or not an invite

Spotify

a) As an example If I find a blog that has created a playlist in spotify in other platforms If I click on that link it will load the playlist on the phone spotify app but it does not do that on WM8,
b) I also found that the RADIO is not featured, I am assuming this is because I have a NOKIA phone and they have NOKIA radio???

Just thought I would point out that it isn't WM8 (Windows Mobile 8) it's WP8 (Windows Phone 8) instead :wink:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05