02-26-2014 01:07 PM
43 12
tools
    So in ORDER TO SAVE BATTERY, MSFT GOING TO INTRODUCE DEAD TILES...... 😉
    01-09-2014 01:17 PM
    Or phone with blank screen that will do nothing.... But sexy unibody looks... Bros, limitation IS LIMITATION.... u can not not defend it with battery drain issue or OS exclusivity... See, I have both Jellybean n wp8. And i hardly touch android... But there are 20 percent (for example) virtues within android... In order to make wp8 more effective and sexier and perfect, someone has to raise demand... Someone has to play DEVIL'S ADVOCATE...
    Ek-Balam likes this.
    01-09-2014 01:23 PM
    When you said this, I was hoping you were referring to the lost potential with many live tiles, but apparently not.

While this does sound nice in theory, all it takes is one tiny mistake by a developer, amongst thousands of lines of code, to take it from a neat little battery monitor app, to a battery hog.

And in response to the HTC Clock app: HTC is an OEM, so they obviously get deep OS access when it comes to their programs. Anyways, that's only from one source, the risk for it becoming a hazard to battery life or otherwise is incredibly limited.
    01-09-2014 01:31 PM
    Or phone with blank screen that will do nothing.... But sexy unibody looks... Bros, limitation IS LIMITATION.... u can not not defend it with battery drain issue or OS exclusivity... See, I have both Jellybean n wp8. And i hardly touch android... But there are 20 percent (for example) virtues within android... In order to make wp8 more effective and sexier and perfect, someone has to raise demand... Someone has to play DEVIL'S ADVOCATE...
    Going on what you're saying then we should have live tiles constantly updating all the time, don't you think that the extra processing load would run the battery down faster.

The perfect example of this is Battery Status apps which constantly poll the battery for its status, leading to extra processing and running the battery down faster. That's not opinion, that's fact. Just look in the forums at the posts about poor battery life.
    01-09-2014 01:35 PM
    I didn't state an opinion...I simply stated that the clock is redundant, which it obviously is. Sure, the Android clock widgets from 2010 sure looked sharp, but that doesn't make them any less of a duplication. I have no problem with his premise, but his comments act as if we aren't understanding his points, but the reality is, his points are not well thought out and are not helping to justify his position.
    Clock makes zero sense
    This is an opinion.

I keep trying, but with all the caps flying in this thread, it gives me no hope that there is a possibility of civility here.....
    tgp, Paul May and elmacho like this.
    01-09-2014 01:41 PM
    I m really interested in battery status app constantly pulling battery... It must update in real time then... What's name"?
    01-09-2014 02:21 PM
    I didn't state an opinion...I simply stated that the clock is redundant, which it obviously is.
    Um sure, your opinion mate. I want a nice big clock, it looks good, it's easier to read it, problem? How come none of those dozens of battery and clock widgets never caused a problem? God knows i've tried them all. I don't know how it works but it does not, waste battery, like waste, offcourse it uses some.. but completely neglible.
    01-09-2014 03:36 PM
    I m really interested in battery status app constantly pulling battery... It must update in real time then... What's name"?
    I totally understand the desire to improve the live tiles in the next update. Faster updating or whatever would be great. But for your specific case of battery status and clock, I don't understand. The clock is already on the top bar and it is live. Why would you want another clock? Also, the battery indicator is also on the top bar. I think a much better solution is for them to add the percentage right next to the indicator like iOS has the option for.

But I think live tiles should be more configurable, like using them as toggles, or even making them animated, or allowing them to go through a slideshow of notifications/updates unlike now where you can only see 2 things (front and back)
    elmacho likes this.
    01-09-2014 09:09 PM
    I totally understand the desire to improve the live tiles in the next update. Faster updating or whatever would be great. But for your specific case of battery status and clock, I don't understand. The clock is already on the top bar and it is live. Why would you want another clock? Also, the battery indicator is also on the top bar. I think a much better solution is for them to add the percentage right next to the indicator like iOS has the option for.

But I think live tiles should be more configurable, like using them as toggles, or even making them animated, or allowing them to go through a slideshow of notifications/updates unlike now where you can only see 2 things (front and back)
    Coming in 8.1, my friend.
    01-09-2014 10:05 PM
    Coming in 8.1, my friend.
    So excited for WP8.1! :D
    Dadstar0410 likes this.
    01-09-2014 10:11 PM
    Is it so??? WP 8.1???
    01-09-2014 10:40 PM
    Is it so??? WP 8.1???
    Yep!!

http://m.windowscentral.com/windows-...tures-revealed
    Binoya Mathews likes this.
    01-09-2014 11:04 PM
    But still... MSFT lacks democracy!
    01-10-2014 09:46 AM
    But still... MSFT lacks democracy!
    When did Microsoft become a government entity? Democracy? Even the United States has never been a democracy.
    01-10-2014 09:49 AM
    it works for messenger apps and messages and call!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ms is interested in making customers happy by giving 100%.........if u hate win then leave the option.......... they are not holding you.....
    01-10-2014 10:03 AM
    To Ashwin Pillai, you might be amazed to be informed that entry level Chinese phones or decade old Symbian gadgets also works for messenger apps, call and messages with real time updates and unread badges on desktop...

We're here to pefectify wp8 experience and not to be satisfied with whatever being offered...
    01-13-2014 08:03 AM
    To Ashwin Pillai, you might be amazed to be informed that entry level Chinese phones or decade old Symbian gadgets also works for messenger apps, call and messages with real time updates and unread badges on desktop...

We're here to pefectify wp8 experience and not to be satisfied with whatever being offered...
    lol perfectify. Screw proper grammar and spelling rules.
    01-13-2014 09:01 PM
    I decided to return my Nokia phone at Microsoft. They pretend not to know about the issue. No one at the store uses a clock app on their phones(?).
    They finally decided to give me a refund after I had the phone for 45 days.
    02-26-2014 01:07 PM
43 12