WP SMS/MMS delivery reports are annoying...

brunoadduarte

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Am I the only one that finds the way WP shows us our message has been delivered or not annoying?

This is one of those things that could be way simpler than it is right now. We could have a double-check like Viber on the message itself or even a "delivered/not delivered" status on it. Why do we have to get another message altogether?

Is there a thread asking for this to be changed on Uservoice? I'd love for this to change.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
To be honest, I find delivery reports to be somewhat old fashioned. If I send a text to someone and it doesn't work, the phone will tell me.

brunoadduarte

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
To be honest, I find delivery reports to be somewhat old fashioned. If I send a text to someone and it doesn't work, the phone will tell me.

But that's what I'm asking for. When I had my old iPhone 3G, it was a simple matter of a check icon and a brief pop-up. Right now it's text after text of "your text message to XXXXXXXXX was delivered". What a pain...

fshrago

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
No its not connected to service provider. Same sim card in android phone and I get a double check for delivery report, (in textra app, stock Samsung app has separate SMS just like windows phone)

spacesnow

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
There should be at least an option to change the announcement (ring/vibrato/mute). I even tried to add a less annoying sms sound to confirmation sender but it didn't work. I like the confirmations but it's stupid when getting a new sms after every sending.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise