IE disappearing keyboard

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
So I've noticed this bug when trying to post on certain forums, in the browser. I have noticed if I change to Mobile version (in browser settings) I can type fine. I don't want to have to keep Mobile view or change everytime I wanna post on a specific forum.

Is there some workaround or anything? Is this even a "known" issue?

FWIW, I'm on a 1020 with GDR3 and Black. Newest released software.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
same on my Lumia 920 , here while visiting forums on wpcentral if the page is completely loaded and If I want to post something the keyboard appears for a second and then vanishes but if the page is still loading (adds) and I clicked on blank area to type something it works as it should but as soon as I clicked outside the blank area,it wont let me retype.

Last edited:

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
same on my Lumia 920 , here while vising forums on wpcentral if the page is completely loaded and If I want to post something the keyboard appears for a second and then vanishes but if the page is still loading (adds) and I clicked on blank area to type something it works as it should but as soon as I clicked outside the blank area,it wont let me retype.

that's good to know. I didn't even realize I could type before it completely loaded.

Shaz2012

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
There is a site that I frequent and used to post on with my lumia 920. They were hacked and had to restore their site and was down for a few days. Once the site came up, I started to have the disappearing keyboard problem with that site and only that website. I got a Lumia 1520 and the problem still persists. It might be a setting on the website, but I have no problems typing on it using my 2520.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
It's a scripting issue with the websites that use the same version of vb as here on MN. There were no keyboard issues until about a few days after Christmas in 2012.

Emix1988

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
They should really fix this! I have same problem on 1020, and i was posting about it here.
This bug is here for so long, i honestly can't believe they can't fix this!

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
So I've noticed this bug when trying to post on certain forums, in the browser. I have noticed if I change to Mobile version (in browser settings) I can type fine. I don't want to have to keep Mobile view or change everytime I wanna post on a specific forum.

Is there some workaround or anything? Is this even a "known" issue?

FWIW, I'm on a 1020 with GDR3 and Black. Newest released software.
​My nokia icon is doing this same thing only whether in desktop or mobile makes no difference. Did you ever find a workaround?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99