Nokia Lumia Black Update Starts Rolling Out Today

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Let's say someone tells you everyone gets candy. He gives them to some, then tells others to wait for their turn. You then ask "Where's mine?" to which he replies "None for you!" Why would you still expect to receive candy? If he changes his mind, then that's great!
No, it's more like you ask, "Where's my candy?" to which he replies, "I have to get more out of the cupboard and ask if it's okay with your parents" and you stomp your feet and yell, "You hate me!!!"

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
So, recent update(s) may take within 24 hours to get you notified? Got you. Thanks!

Yep, that's correct. WP only checks once every 24 hours for app updates, so sometimes it can be a full day later until you are notified :)
Nope. The phone checks once a week for updates. That way their servers aren't all hit with people updating at once. I would venture to say that those of us who watch sites like this and get the updates immediately are very much in the minority.

Nokia Lumia Black update begins rollout - Nokia Conversations
Your Nokia Lumia smartphone automatically checks for updates every week, and will notify you when it finds one. Otherwise, you can go to Settings -> Phone update and check for yourself. If Lumia Black is ready for your phone, you?ll be able to download and install it straight from that screen.

JM_T

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
No, it's more like you ask, "Where's my candy?" to which he replies, "I have to get more out of the cupboard and ask if it's okay with your parents" and you stomp your feet and yell, "You hate me!!!"

Unless you're blind, can't read, too lazy or just plain ignorant, do read the availability listings. It's says in plain english: "Not Available." Definitely not "Waiting for Approval" or "Coming Soon." Like I said, it is what it is: Update is "Not Available"

So refining the analogy, the parent said "No, you can't have one!"
You'd be darn mad unless you're not human or a dead person.

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
No worries hopmedic, we were briefly talking about an app update, not the system updates... But we are in the Black update thread here, so I'll let you off this time :wink:

mrvhin1216

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Off topic: Whenever I'm on FB using IE, part of the photos somehow come off the screen. Say, I post a photo and someone commented on it, I click/tap it and there it goes. Picture gets too large/wide that it goes off the screen. Can anyone help me fix this? Please? :(

mrvhin1216

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Off topic: Whenever I'm on FB using IE, part of the photos somehow come off the screen. Say, I post a photo and someone commented on it, I click/tap it and there it goes. Picture gets too large/wide that it goes off the screen. Can anyone help me fix this? Please? :(

Actually, even when I'm using the UC Browser, same thing on FB.

Darren Walsh

May 9, 2013
Visit site

I have been on about this for ages in the forums! What phone do you have? I have the Lumia 920 update 3 preview

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium