Black update - Lumia 925 Glance peek not working

muitosabao

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
ever since the black update, the glance on peek is not working properly. Before, it would work like a charm, take it out of my pocket and the screen would turn on and reveal the glance with the time (now with the black, also the notifications). Also, hovering my hand over the screen would always work.

Now, most of the times it doesn't. Have to keep Glance as always on.

Anyone experiencing this?
I'm running unlocked Lumia 925 GDR3 Black.

Ashish Saraf1

May 7, 2013
Visit site
ever since the black update, the glance on peek is not working properly. Before, it would work like a charm, take it out of my pocket and the screen would turn on and reveal the glance with the time (now with the black, also the notifications). Also, hovering my hand over the screen would always work.

Now, most of the times it doesn't. Have to keep Glance as always on.

Anyone experiencing this?
I'm running unlocked Lumia 925 GDR3 Black.
A hard reset will definitely solve the problem...

sent either from my Nokia Lumia 820 or HTC Desire HD

KyleGM

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Had this problem myself on my 925, doing a soft reset fixed the problem. Love having notifications on the glance screen!

Edit: stopped working again, a fix would be appreciated! The nokia extras update didn't fix it either.

Last edited:

muitosabao

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Had this problem myself on my 925, doing a soft reset fixed the problem. Love having notifications on the glance screen!

Edit: stopped working again, a fix would be appreciated! The nokia extras update didn't fix it either.

I did the soft reset and it's working for now. Thanks for the tip. Lets see if it holds up or if it comes back like yours.

Iacopo Pace

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem, too! Have had issues since Lumia Black update, coming from the Developer Preview of GDR3.

Tried a soft reset immediately, but the issue came back after a few days... Will try an hard reset now, and see if it works.

Kyanet Subba

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem, too! Have had issues since Lumia Black update, coming from the Developer Preview of GDR3.

Tried a soft reset immediately, but the issue came back after a few days... Will try an hard reset now, and see if it works.
inform us after u do the hard reset

Iacopo Pace

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I will report later more accurately, but it looks like the issue still stands... It's weird too, as it looks like it works fine shortly after the glance screen disappears. If you wait 'long enough' (I can't tell how much is "enough"), glance screen just won't show up anymore...
I guess we're gonna wait for a Glance update.

Malcome Larcens

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm looking for some help, I posted yesterday about this issue. After updating to Black my phone (Lumia 925) won't read my SIM card. I'm in Japan my provider is NTT DOCOMO and when I search for networks only JP DOCOMO or Softbank show up. As far as I know JP DOCOMO is the old name for NTT DOCOMO going back about 5 years or more. When I select that network (JP DOCOMO) it doesn't connect or says no SIM card. I have gone over this process over 50 times. I did a hard reset 3 times (both from reset phone in about and with the power and volume up down combination) and still the same results. Everything was working fine before the update. I used this phone for about a month and half on NTT DOCOMO. I know the SIM is fine since it works in my 808 Pureview and it reads it as NTT DOCOMO. So if anyone has had this issue but more importantly how can I fix it. To send my phone back will take several weeks since I bought it in Hong Kong, so I prefer to fix it myself. Thanks for the help.

Iacopo Pace

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
After some investigation, it looks like the problem arises when locking the screen with low light (try covering the light sensor with a finger to simulate that): waving your hand over the sensor, after locking the screen that way, won't do anything...

Instead, after locking the screen when the screen is in full light, the peek functionality will work correctly.

Problem seems to be that everything is based on the light sensor, so if there's no light it won't work....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05