What happened to indoor maps in Windows Phone 8?

twelvetudors

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I used to use indoor maps all the time on my Lumia 900 for malls I was at, but with my 1020 those indoor maps never appear. What happened? Is it because it's powered by Nokia maps now?

Ashish Saraf1

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I used to use indoor maps all the time on my Lumia 900 for malls I was at, but with my 1020 those indoor maps never appear. What happened? Is it because it's powered by Nokia maps now?
Indoor maps are working here in India...just find a mall and click on its icon...you get options for different floor...

sent either from my Nokia Lumia 820 or HTC Desire HD

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Nokia provides indoor mapping for lots of places. I've used it recently at two shopping malls- Roosevelt Fields in Long Island NY and the Danbury Mall in CT.

Ashish Saraf1

May 7, 2013
Visit site
do you search for them and then tap them or do you find them on the map manually? All the maps that showed up in 7.8 don't show up for me now.

Have your wifi on and search for a mall...a blue con appears where the mall is situated...click on it and you are good to go

twelvetudors

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Have your wifi on and search for a mall...a blue con appears where the mall is situated...click on it and you are good to go

Okay so it did work when I tried it in here maps, but the "maps" app that was supposed to be a replacement for bing maps doesn't do it. Odd. Also, weird that it had a smaller mall by my house but not the Galleria Dallas.

Ashish Saraf1

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Okay so it did work when I tried it in here maps, but the "maps" app that was supposed to be a replacement for bing maps doesn't do it. Odd. Also, weird that it had a smaller mall by my house but not the Galleria Dallas.

We dont have Bing maps in India so i cant comment about it...

Zaki Smile

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
Correct me if I'm wrong but indoor map is only avalible for Here maps on Windows 8 and not for Nokia maps on Windows 7.8. It is also avaliable on Bing maps website. In my home town is only one store avaliable, but I know that there are more stores in other cities. Here you have a link where you can read more about it and they only mention Here maps which is a updated version of Nokia maps for Windows 8 phones. Find your way indoors, with HERE - Nokia Conversations

twelvetudors

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Correct me if I'm wrong but indoor map is only avalible for Here maps on Windows 8 and not for Nokia maps on Windows 7.8. It is also avaliable on Bing maps website. In my home town is only one store avaliable, but I know that there are more stores in other cities. Here you have a link where you can read more about it and they only mention Here maps which is a updated version of Nokia maps for Windows 8 phones. Find your way indoors, with HERE - Nokia Conversations
It was available in Bing maps in Windows Phone 7, now it is only available in here maps in Windows Phone 8.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium