When i click the "+" to create a contact on my phone, the next question is that i have to choose an account, "hotmail" or "google".

Is there any way to create a contact, simply locally on the phone only, and not in any account?

If so, please describe how. I do not see a way to proceed at this screen, without selecting one or the other of the choices.

While many people may see it as an advantage to have contacts linked to accounts, for me, i prefer to keep all this separated.

Thanks!
    Tom
    wpn00b likes this.
    01-13-2014 03:48 PM
    When i click the "+" to create a contact on my phone, the next question is that i have to choose an account, "hotmail" or "google".

Is there any way to create a contact, simply locally on the phone only, and not in any account?

If so, please describe how. I do not see a way to proceed at this screen, without selecting one or the other of the choices.

While many people may see it as an advantage to have contacts linked to accounts, for me, i prefer to keep all this separated.

Thanks!
    Tom
    Create a new Outlook email called TomPhone@outlook.com and put them there.

There is no way to store it on the phone only...a huge complaint about phones is having to recreate address books...WP removes any possibility of you not having someone's phone number when your phone is lost/stolen.
    wpn00b and tomcon like this.
    01-13-2014 04:21 PM