How to get Yahoo! Mail IMAP Settings to work on Windows Phone 8?

WPUser3

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I have a Rogers Yahoo mail account, when I try to add it using Yahoo! Mail or by selecting 'Other' and entering my login credentials it defaults to POP account instead of IMAP.

If I choose Other under email accounts and type in my Rogers yahoo mail credentials it defaults to the following under Rogers settings:

Incomming email server:
pop.broadband.rogers.com:110:0

Outgoing SMTP email server:
smtp.broadband.rogers.com:25:0

After the mail syncs, it's displaying ALL messages in my inbox including the ones from the SPAM / Junk mail folder (and very old unread messages at the top). Is there a way to only display inbox folder in the mail app so that it doesn't show all messages including the ones from the junk folder? I tried manually changing settings after the initial sync to point to Yahoo! IMAP hostnames below, but that didn't work. After it tried to sync it shows 'Not up to date' under Email+Account settings, Error code: 80004005

Incoming Mail (IMAP) Server

Server: imap.mail.yahoo.com
Port: 993

Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server

Server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
Port: 465

Made sure all the following items were checked:

Outgoing server requires authentication
Use the same user name and password for sending email
Require SSL for incoming email
Require SSL for outgoing email

Also, does anyone know what the :0 or :1 after the port number mean? For example:

Should I add:

imap.mail.yahoo.com:993:0
or imap.mail.yahoo.com:993:1

My phone: HTC 8x with the latest GDR3 firmware.

Thanks!

WPUser3

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. However rogers yahoo does support imap, http://www.rogers.com/web/support/internet/setup-email/217?setLanguage=en

On my Nexus 7 incoming server is android.imap.mail.yahoo.com port 993 and outgoing server android.smtp.mail.yahoo.com port 465 and it organizes my Yahoo account into folders: inbox, unread, drafts, sent, junk, trash etc

in windows phone the mail app that gets created when i add the account is also showing spam mails along with legit ones.. I can only browse through these folders: all, unread, urgent

WPUser3

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I got it to work! Before I was selecting either Yahoo! Mail or Other Account... all defaulted to POP and manual IMAP settings never worked...

The key is to choose 'Advanced Setup' instead.

under Settings > Email + Accounts > Add an account > Advanced Setup. Added the settings below and it worked! IMAP Folders show without a problem.. no more spam messages in my inbox, they are now hidden in the Bulk folder as they should.

Incoming Mail (IMAP) Server - Requires SSL
Server: imap.mail.yahoo.com

Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server - Requires TLS
Server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
Requires authentication: Yes

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6