Jack Janik

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Could someone please mention the highlights? Will we be able to set default apps? Will apps finally have permission to save to video library? Will Facebook chat be stable? Please don't give me a link.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Pal,time will tell us, I have high expectations from Microsoft for windows phone 8 next major update aka 8.1.you will yourself know the features from //build conference 2014 in San Francisco.
Features like ability to install apps on ad card,separate volume controls,notification centre with quick settings,file manager,voice assistant , better multitasking,battery improvement ,support for new hardware and under the hood tweaks ,etc.

Last edited:

Jack Janik

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Pal,time will tell us, I have high expectations from Microsoft for windows phone 8 next major update aka 8.1.you will yourself know the features from //build conference 2014 on San Francisco.
Features like ability to install apps on ad card,separate volume controls,notification centre with quick settings,file manager,voice assistant , better multitasking,battery improvement ,support for new hardware and under the hood tweaks ,etc.

That sounds great! I dunno why it's taking them so long though.

Jack Janik

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
most likely they have a lot of features to build in. also the Nokia acquisition caused some delay. though this will give them time to add more features and Iron out some bugs
Yes, but it's coming out almost half a year after Windows 8.1 RT 8.1 I know there's probably a reason why, but it's just silly.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I have tried all the things they mention in there

There is nothing to try as such. Your other storage should clear to an extent as mentioned in the FAQs. It will never be 0. Because these are temp files that have to hang about for a while. I doubt anyone's other storage is EVER going to be in GBs after GDR3.

darkest.white

May 12, 2013
Visit site
There will always be temp files on any device you use. For example, on your windoes PC, go to search and type in %temp% and then hit enter, then press control and A at the same time to select everything, right click and go to properties and it will tell you how much storage that is taking up. (it is very safe to manually delete every file in there however)

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
There is nothing to try as such. Your other storage should clear to an extent as mentioned in the FAQs. It will never be 0. Because these are temp files that have to hang about for a while. I doubt anyone's other storage is EVER going to be in GBs after GDR3.

Dude, Last time I had to do a hard reset because other became 16gb and I already had gdr3 at that point, right now my other is at 6.9gb(gdr3+black) and it still grow a little sometimes, IT NEVER ACTUALLY DECREASES BY ITSELF, don't try to tell me that it's fixed because I have proof in my hand that it is not fixed

And also I understand that it will never be at 0, I would totally not care if it stayed under 3gb... but it doesn't!

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Pal,time will tell us, I have high expectations from Microsoft for windows phone 8 next major update aka 8.1.you will yourself know the features from //build conference 2014 on San Francisco.

If we get half that I'll be happy. I have a feeling something major to get WP8 in line with the other mobile operating systems, like separate volume controls, quick settings or notification center will be left off. I also wonder how Cortana will compare to Siri.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Siri does not work properly here in my country (India ) she does not understand Indian accent.though she can tell me weather,time,open apps,but when I ask here questions she raise her hands.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
We're expecting WP 8.1 to be announced and probably available for a preview version sometime in the first half of this year. I'd love to see it release in that time frame too.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Dude, Last time I had to do a hard reset because other became 16gb and I already had gdr3 at that point, right now my other is at 6.9gb(gdr3+black) and it still grow a little sometimes, IT NEVER ACTUALLY DECREASES BY ITSELF, don't try to tell me that it's fixed because I have proof in my hand that it is not fixed

And also I understand that it will never be at 0, I would totally not care if it stayed under 3gb... but it doesn't!

Have you tried to let it clear in background? If it won't decrease by itself, you may want to clear it? GDR2 onwards we have an option to clear this.

Giddora

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Could you please let me know how to get the "Other-storage" problem? I've had my Lumia 920 since it was released in Q4 2012... I have not reset it once... I install and uninstall apps all the time, I take alot of photos and I surf Facebook quite a bit... My Other Storage: 338 Mb.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett