Wp 2014!

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Waiting patiently to blow! Wow thank you MSFT it was about time. WP8 and Windows 8 this is your year and there is no stopping you. MSFT is on a rise on mobile innovation. Will MSFT take over the World on 2014? What do you think?

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Maybe 2015 cant be to sure right now until MS release WP8.1 however using the Surface 2 it a great a device!

I think MS will do better than last year.

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Maybe 2015 cant be to sure right now until MS release WP8.1 however using the Surface 2 it a great a device!

I think MS will do better than last year.

I am waiting on Levono think pad 8 to hit the market. It is clean I will purchase when it arrives. Surface 2 though is a good choice. Overall I like Windows all around for 2014 innovations.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
The Thinkpad 8 is awesome. Should 8.1 continue the Microsoft strategy of synergy, I could see this making WP a hit in the enterprise market.

The 8" Windows tablets (and the 10" Transformer Book T100) can truly transform the PC landscape.

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
WP8.1 is going to be the big success/fail test for Microsoft. If Microsoft pulls it off and brings all the features people have been missing and if they pull off the update of existing devices without carrier interference and don't limit key features to the US only [i.e. Cortana rumours] then it will be a success.

Jordan Mills

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Yes, because Blackberry is such a massive success. If keyboards were such a huge hit in enterprise Blackberry would not be on the verge of extinction.

Blackberry is dying primarily because of the onerous administration burden of BES (which requires you to first set up everything needed for a windows phone to sync) plus its reliability issues (history of nationwide outages of the blackberry network and the fact that it is an additional single point of failure).

sumton

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
i only got hopes and wishes for a great year, the fact is it depends on how much hard work Microsoft going to put and how consumers respond

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
What MSFT did in 2013 was huge. There is still millions of XP, Vista, and WP7 users out there waiting to transition. If everybody was to make the switch to WP8, and Windows 8 all at once other platforms won't stand a chance.
In 2014 I believe that MSFT has to find a way to convince all Windows users of older Windows Versions to switch to the Windows 8 platform without losing them. Once this transition takes place MSFT should be back on track.
I believe that for MSFT to accomplish this quickly that MSFT should stop supporting older Windows Versions. Thus, when this happens more Windows users will migrate to the new Windows and overflow the market share for Windows 8 and WP8.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Will MSFT take over the World on 2014? What do you think?

I hate to spoil the party, but unfortunately... No.

So far everything points to WP8.1 being another catch-up release. Such a catch-up release will have to be extremely good just to add an extra two or three percentage points to WP's market share. If there is nothing else to WP8.1 than what has so far been reported on, it won't move the market share needle sufficiently. So many people have now cosily settled in with iOS or Android, that just appealing to smartphone newcomers isn't enough. It will take a lot of motivation to make people leave the platforms they have become accustomed to and are familiar with. A catch-up release won't provide anywhere close to enough motivation to make people switch. At this point, WP must offer at least one feature that appeals to a very large portion of consumers, which the competition simply can't match. Being faster, more efficient, more stable, or having a cleaner UI are all great things, but they are all too subtle to have a notable affect. Whatever the feature is, it must be "in your face obvious", entirely impossible on iOS and Android, and easily marketable on television. At least for now, I don't see anything like that in WP's future.

I suspect the image of W8 is irreparably damaged. I doubt much will happen on the Windows front either, until W9 comes around in 2015.

Sorry for the downer...

abdhoms

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Here's what I think. WP8.1 will bring a lot of features compared to the previous releases.

And I think we can finally compare WP with other rival OSs when the update arrives. Keeping my fingers crossed.

nokia6300

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
MS Windows phone has a long way to go. speaking of keyboards, MS screwed up. When on landscape mode there are a lot of extra space to make the keyboard much wider. A lot of little issues will add up to make a poor user experience. I really hope MS will succeed and address these issues quickly because they are already WAY behind iOS and android.

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
MS Windows phone has a long way to go. speaking of keyboards, MS screwed up. When on landscape mode there are a lot of extra space to make the keyboard much wider. A lot of little issues will add up to make a poor user experience. I really hope MS will succeed and address these issues quickly because they are already WAY behind iOS and android.

Way behind, I disagree. I believe the WP OS is far more advanced than either of those two you mentioned. Are there things to address, sure, but overall I've been much happier on WP than the others.

nokia6300

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Way behind, I disagree. I believe the WP OS is far more advanced than either of those two you mentioned. Are there things to address, sure, but overall I've been much happier on WP than the others.

in terms of market share yes they are. and at a distant third place. even if the OS is superior to iOS and android it wouldn't matter if no one is buying into it.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Way behind, I disagree. I believe the WP OS is far more advanced than either of those two you mentioned.

Unfortunately your opinion doesn't have much to do with reality. Even the reported features of WP8 .1 are not going to give it a functional advantage over iOS and Android, and certainly no compelling reason to give current users to switch.

ardaozkal

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
I hate to spoil the party, but unfortunately... No.

So far everything points to WP8.1 being another catch-up release. Such a catch-up release will have to be extremely good just to add an extra two or three percentage points to WP's market share. If there is nothing else to WP8.1 than what has so far been reported on, it won't move the market share needle sufficiently. So many people have now cosily settled in with iOS or Android, that just appealing to smartphone newcomers isn't enough. It will take a lot of motivation to make people leave the platforms they have become accustomed to and are familiar with. A catch-up release won't provide anywhere close to enough motivation to make people switch. At this point, WP must offer at least one feature that appeals to a very large portion of consumers, which the competition simply can't match. Being faster, more efficient, more stable, or having a cleaner UI are all great things, but they are all too subtle to have a notable affect. Whatever the feature is, it must be "in your face obvious", entirely impossible on iOS and Android, and easily marketable on television. At least for now, I don't see anything like that in WP's future.

I suspect the image of W8 is irreparably damaged. I doubt much will happen on the Windows front either, until W9 comes around in 2015.

Sorry for the downer...

nice promo, waiting The book :D be easy bro ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720