Operation #MobileEquality: Let's Convince Companies to Bring Apps to Windows Phone

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm not talking about the truth. I'm talking about "the right thing". Simple ethics.
I don't understand why you would stand up and defend the lack thereof. Then your ethics are as warped as theirs.

If they guarantee "every cell phone", off course they don't mean in antarctica, but here in Belgium. So please don't take that out of context ?
But they do mean every customer that has a cellphone. They slap us dead with those commercials. And if they guarantee that, they commit themselves. And that's what I'm trying to relay here, because that is the "issue" with allmost ALL companies these days. They keep lying to us every way they see fit, and we just keep letting them. More over, lots of ppl even defend it, blindsided as they are. This is an issue in general, and it's a global issue that we, as the ppls, really need to start dealing with. You can keep ignoring it but then you will only contribute in making it worse for our future and our kids. Not better.

If you were living here and actually "knew" the company like we do here, you would be defending this, because then you would actually understand, instead of trying to see who has the biggest d***

I rest my case. If you don't want to like that page I posted, no problem. But stop trying to convince me I'm not trying to do the right thing. :smile: Those that do want to give a "like", MANY THANKS !

im not defending any company, at all. which is why my morals/ethics are intact.

see the post above about Santa Claus.

that post is as simple as it can be. if you believe any of the fine print in advertising or contracts, I'm sorry.

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
All these posts and no mention of Pinterest? Come on people. It's the 4th largest social media site on the planet and WP still doesn't have an official app. 150,000,000 estimated unique monthly visitors.
#pinterest @pinterest @coldbrewlabs #coldbrewlabs

While in this case it is a noble cause, some of us don't like Insta-Face-Twitagram or any other so called "social networking" and aren't interested in the slightest.
And that's understandable but let's stand back and look how smartphones have come to to be a status symbol, especially in tweens and teens. It's almost a religion. If you don't have what I have then you're a castout. Bank and business apps and the like are all fine and good, but OFFICIAL social apps and popular games is still what the tech media dopes still ding WP on. WP needs these things to get the teen market to give WP a go. And like it or not, teen influence has a HUGE impact on the smartphone market. This is why it is uber important to get Pheed, SnapChat, and Instram on WP. I don’t care for them either. But the self-absorbed tweens/teens walking aimlessly through the mall aren’t going to be the b**t of their friends’ jokes by owning a WP that doesn’t have Candy Crush or Pheed like their sacred deities (iphones)…..like Oh Em Gee.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
My biggest one is Dish Network's sling app.... They make one for Android and iOS but, no Windows Phone....been hitting them up for over 2 years now, every month or 2.... If everyone drops in and sends a tweet or 2, maybe progress could happen....

genuine555

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
im not defending any company, at all. which is why my morals/ethics are intact.

see the post above about Santa Claus.

that post is as simple as it can be. if you believe any of the fine print in advertising or contracts, I'm sorry.

If your morals were intact you wouldn't keep disputing this with me, ok ?

I clearly don't believe any fineprints, which all of my comments make perfectly obvious. You either can't read straight or are just being stubbern. I'm not talking about any fineprints.

yelo1.PNG

yelo2.PNG

It is even available for Windows 8 (been for months now)...
so to then do one for WP aswel wouldn't be that much of a hastle for them now would it ?
By being reluctant to do so only because of some percentages, they contradict their own ethics (because Win8 has a similar market-share in the first place, and they shouldn't have done Win8 then either), and they don't follow through on their initial promise that has been stated in yellow bold letters from day one in dozens of commercials and hundreds of web-pages. Ain't got nothing to do with any fineprint. And I've been a telenet customer for 15y now, and many others owning a WP are aswel, who are also crying out to them for this app. If you can read dutch, the words are bold, in the face, and very clearly stated since day one. If you still can't understand and decide to keep disputing me over this, you clearly don't understand what "ethics" stand for. And that is then no longer an opinion but becomes a fact. So go on and keep disputing over something that is actually trivial to the initial question given by the OP.

Btw, we are derailing the thread imo by a discussion irrelevant to the intention of the OP.

All I asked for was a little support maybe, not someone that keeps disputing whether I have the right or not to ask for it.
Your first response to me allready showed clearly that you were agitated by me, probably because of something I said in my first comment (don't really know "why" though). So nevermind dude. I've really been helping a lot lately on this forum, but you sure have a way of chasing such ppl away by making it clear not to expect any support in return...

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I just saw that hmv have announced an hmv Music app for BB10 today, I tweeted hmv Digital about it, using #MobileEquality. If they can be bothered to make an app for a phone that's almost extinct then they should be bothered to create an app for Windows Phone.

Last edited:

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
If your morals were intact you wouldn't keep disputing this with me, ok ?

I clearly don't believe any fineprints, which all of my comments make perfectly obvious. You either can't read straight or are just being stubbern. I'm not talking about any fineprints.

View attachment 56749

View attachment 56750

It is even available for Windows 8 (been for months now)...
so to then do one for WP aswel wouldn't be that much of a hastle for them now would it ?
By being reluctant to do so only because of some percentages, they contradict their own ethics (because Win8 has a similar market-share in the first place, and they shouldn't have done Win8 then either), and they don't follow through on their initial promise that has been stated in yellow bold letters from day one in dozens of commercials and hundreds of web-pages. Ain't got nothing to do with any fineprint. And I've been a telenet customer for 15y now, and many others owning a WP are aswel, who are also crying out to them for this app. If you can read dutch, the words are bold, in the face, and very clearly stated since day one. If you still can't understand and decide to keep disputing me over this, you clearly don't understand what "ethics" stand for. And that is then no longer an opinion but becomes a fact. So go on and keep disputing over something that is actually trivial to the initial question given by the OP.

Btw, we are derailing the thread imo by a discussion irrelevant to the intention of the OP.

All I asked for was a little support maybe, not someone that keeps disputing whether I have the right or not to ask for it.
Your first response to me allready showed clearly that you were agitated by me, probably because of something I said in my first comment (don't really know "why" though). So nevermind dude. I've really been helping a lot lately on this forum, but you sure have a way of chasing such ppl away by making it clear not to expect any support in return...

in not sure what language that is, but most of the stuff here is English.
translation please?

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
EA sent me an extra Titanfall Xbox One code, so I'm using that as a contest to get people to tweet Sirius XM to make a Windows Phone app.

Damn, I'm good *puts on sunglasses*

genuine555

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
in not sure what language that is, but most of the stuff here is English.
translation please?

Yelo TV. Turn every screen into a TV.

On the terras or in your bed, with Yelo TV you can watch your favorite programs live on every screen in your house.
Now you can even watch your recordings on your TV, smartphone, tablet or computer !

Plan or erase recordings ? That can also be done easily at home and remotely thanks to Yelo TV.

With the fast and intuitive Yelo TV menu, you can scroll through your TV evening in a playfull manner.
The menu looks the same on your smartphone, tablet and PC. And soon also on your TV.

C'mon guys, I really need some likes on that page
https://www.facebook.com/yelovoorwindowsphone

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Small update: Wunderlist has said that their Windows Phone app should be done by the end of the year.

Also, I forgot about Pintrest! I'll get on that.

Unstoppablekem, I'll tweet that link.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Lol wow, Spyder Harrison RT'd me. I didn't get the email notification yet and I was on my private twitter and I saw him RT it and I was like dafuq? Anyways, hopefully this gets more exposure.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos