Perfectionist complaint about Update 3

Kimboo

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Hello everybody!

Just wanted to share something that kind of bugs med about Update 3. A minor detail that I was wondering if anybody else noticed.

First of all, I do like Update 3 alot. I think Driving Mode is a nice feature and I love the app switcher. One thing strikes my eye though:
One of the Things I like about WP is that the UI is so polished and elegant in it the way it looks. Very consistent good-looking menus and nice smooth animations whenever you switch from one screen to another, whether you go back, open af new app or simply browse the menu. So does it when you close and app from the app switcher. It smoothly and elegantly slides down off the screen. Very nice. Here's what I wonder then: Howcome it doesn't have this finish for bringing up the Start-screen again after closing the last app from the app switcher? When you close the last open app, the screen simply goes all theme-colored, then the start screen pops up, but it doesn't do so in any kind of smooth or elegant fashion. It simply blinks back on the screen. Not very elegant.

This obviously only happens if you entered the app switcher from an app, as the start screen is not shown as a "card" then.

Am I the onkly:grin: one who's slightly bothered by this?
It just doesn't look nearly as good as the rest of this beautiful OS!

manicottiK

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
GDR3 contains the changes that Microsoft has made to the operating system.
Nokia Black contains changes that Nokia has made to support special features of their handsets PLUS it contains GDR3.

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
GDR releases are OS updates from Microsoft. Nokia has their own firmware updates, such as Amber and Black, which they package with the GDR releases.

Jonas_H

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
You're right, I also don't like these "unfinished" things. In the app switcher, for example, I also HATE that the X are blinking while sliding through the open apps.. I thought they fix it before releasing the final GDR3 but then I found out that the beta WAS the final one! I hope they fix it in the next update.

mrvhin1216

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
What's the big deal with it?! As long as the task does what it's supposed to do, then, I'm good with it. Plus these are just recent updates, they will get polished in time. Let's all be happy that we finally got the Black. No update, people complain. Got updated, still complain. People, jeez.

Cheewii Poon

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
He's not really complaining, it's just something that bothers him a bit when the rest of the OS is so slick and polished and fluid. I've been bothered a bit by this too, I always felt like soemthing was off when i close my apps but I couldn't pinpoint it until this guy mentioned it. It's just a pet peeve some people like me have when there is a slight discrepancy in something that otherwise works so wonderfully.

despertador

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I've also noticed that by myself. It's kind of annoying that there's a lack of animations there. I'm pretty sure that there's also no animation there before Update 3.

Killer BIGxyz

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
The transition also bothers me, something else that bothers me is the lack of websites optimized for mobile internet explorer. For example ( Battlelog.battlefield.com ) you can't even scroll.

I really hope 8.1 fixes these small but annoying issues with WP

Last edited:

Diniy Moktar

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Still waiting for the black update. I am using Lumia 620. I dont know why they take too much time in releasing the update for Lumia 620 users. The availability is still waiting for the approval. I am suddenly considering changing my phone even though I love Lumia very much. :(

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
The worst thing about the task manager screen in GDR3 is the X buttons. If you have a few apps open scroll left or right at different speeds.

You'll see the X be drawn, vanish and redrawn - basically flickering - as you pan through the screens. Pretty raw if you ask me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium