Windows Phone 8.1 features listed....Very cool stuff....Cant freaking wait !!!!

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,

I was looking around with a translator on a site about that so called "Lumia 920 unlock". What I found was a OMG thing of features coming to Windows Phone 8.1 said that it was seen IN A BETA version. Take this with a grain of salt but, we are talking, Notification Center, Apps can be installed to SD cards, VPN and MUCH more. Very cool stuff of it's true... I submitted this as a News tip so don't do it as I already did but, feel free to hit the Thanks button !

Understand this is translated from Chinese, so everything might not read 100% but, you get the point !!! I did not see these all else where..

A Copy and paste from the translated site....
wp.png

The notification Center. From the top of the screen under outgoing call notification Center. In the current beta version, call out dash are quick setting Panel, makes it easy to quickly switch WiFi, Bluetooth, flight mode, screen rotation lock settings. Call out and dash is a complete notification history list.

Cortana personal assistant. Personal Assistant also known as Cortana has been beta for several months. In 8.1, Cortana will replace the existing Bing search screen, press the search key to exhale, and how users can text or voice, instead of "chat" dialog, and get the info you want. At the same time, Cortana has some features similar to Google Now, you are automatically reminded the meeting that information such as length of time, or on the road.
"Contacts" feature extension. Microsoft is likely to open some "contacts" function interface, social networking applications such as Facebook and Twitter extension "contacts" feature--you want directly on the "contacts" forth blessing and view personal letter selfish? Windows Phone 8.1 Microsoft will provide the interface, if SINA micro-blog like, it can be done

Separate volume. Ringer volume and media volume separately. For most users, this is an obvious is overdue feature for small users such as WPDang a two page-June, we seem to be more accustomed to this unified system of control of volume now eh ... ...
VPN functionality. Was finally going to have VPN support, enterprise users of the Gospel.

"Music + video" split. And Windows as in 8.1, the existing "music + video" splits the content Center "Xbox Music" and "Xbox Video" two applications. And in the next few updates, other several preset content Center applications may also have a similar split.
8a00820a-f0de-4876-ae98-0aa9ff8b4e98.jpg

In addition, foreign media WPCentral also revealed something about Windows phone 8.1 and subsequent updates may appear in the properties of the message:

Installed SD card applications. Direct 8.1 or a later version will be allowed/game install applications on the SD card.
LockScreen notification Center can also be used. Yes, on the lock screen, sliding remain unlocked, from 8.1 started to slide will notify the Center.
Application update system comes with the camera. System comes with camera interface buttons and functions will be moved closer to Windows 8.1 interface design. Well, Nokia professional shooting users can't change without pressure
Dynamic magnet quickly clear notice. Dynamic magnet informed and practical applications within synchronization issues believe that have plagued users for some time in Windows Phone ~ 8.1, Microsoft System comes with applications (telephone, SMS, mail ... ... ) Provides a sliding gestures for users to quickly zeroed dynamic information and figures on the magnet.

No bother to inform (Ghost notifications). Developers can make some sense not too big notification message does not use pop-up Windows on the top (toast) to interrupt the user, it just crept into the notification Center. Such as Twitter's "Favorites" or the Facebook "like (Like)".
In addition, Nokia is preparing two test machines for Windows Phone 8.1, one of "Goldfinger", including the ability to detect hovering finger gestures "3D touch system". Another operation codenamed "Moneypenny", using virtual buttons.

From, Translated link...
www.silenstd.com/%E5%A4%96%E5%AA%92%E8%AF%A6%E8%A7%A3windows-phone-8-1%E7%89%B9%E6%80%A711%E5%A4%A7%E5%8F%98%E5%8C%96/ - Translator

Source:.
外媒详解Windows Phone 8.1特性:11大变化 | 尚伦生活

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
"Contacts" feature extension. Microsoft is likely to open some "contacts" function interface, social networking applications such as Facebook and Twitter extension "contacts" feature--you want directly on the "contacts" forth blessing and view personal letter selfish? Windows Phone 8.1 Microsoft will provide the interface, if SINA micro-blog like, it can be done

This seems like the only new bit of information here, but I don't understand what it means.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I am going to go read a book now to test my English reading skills. This made me feel like a 2 year old trying to read a dictionary.

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
This seems like the only new bit of information here, but I don't understand what it means.
MS will open up part of the people's API, enable fb, twitter and other social media to be integrated into the peoples up. This includes private message, "like", and other similar functions, which i think already exist but you get the idea. The writer was thinking it will be great if Sina Weibo will make use of this opportunity.

BTW, "selfish" is a wrong translate for the word that supposedly understand as private in that context.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs