Where are synced pictures stored?

thinkdan

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I have a MicroSD card installed in my 822 and have it configured so new pictures I take are stored in the SD card, but what happens if I sync a picture folder from my PC to the phone? Are those pictures stored in the internal memory or the SD card?
Any info will be appreciated. Thanks.

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
-If you Sync using Windows Media Player when you click "next device" you can choose Lumia ...SD card or Lumia...phone or whatever your phone's name is.
If you use Windows phone app for desktop to sync, at the bottom left side of the page it says "capacity" there you can "choose SD card or phone" .

So you choose before you sync, at least if I do and I know where photos or videos or music end up.

But it might default to SD card if you set it that way on your phone. Connect your phone to PC, sync one or two pictures,
go to "computer" on your PC click Lumia phone and open it, it will show Phone and SD card, open Phone and see if that one or two photos
ended up there, if not open SD card and check , then you'll know if it defaults to SD card for photos if you set it up on your phone that way.

Last edited:

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
You can't sync in the way that iPhones sync where everything is stored on the computer. If you have backups enabled then they will be on on Skydrive.

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
If you just plug in the phone than you can put (drag and drop) pictures in the Saved Pictures folder on the SD card. I've done that. That shows up in Photos under Albums.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss