Live tile animations

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone noticed the different Live Tile animation change between devices? I noticed this when I swapped out my phone for another of the same make/model. The only difference was one was an employee edition and the other is a consumer model.

Basically the Bing Weather tile on my old phone would flip over with some velocity and have a kind of over-swing animation. The new phone has the same tile and flips over slowly without the additional flourish. Everything seem equal about the phones other than the external color so I cannot figure it out.

I'll post a couple videos tomorrow to help explain what I mean.

EDIT: Here they are - https://skydrive.live.com/pagenotfounderror

Last edited:

WNxAshik

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Do post the videos, I dont get you.

Is it running the same version of the app? maybe an update can change the tile behavior.

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Do post the videos, I dont get you.

Is it running the same version of the app? maybe an update can change the tile behavior.
Currently at work, but I shot a couple vids so I can load them when I get home. I verified that the OS and application versions are exactly the same. Thanks for the reply. There is no problem with it, I am just curious about the difference.

I've added the videos above...take a look to see what I mean.

Last edited:

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I think it's determined randomly, while I had my phone switched on it animated the tile both ways for me.

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I think it's determined randomly, while I had my phone switched on it animated the tile both ways for me.

I think you are right. I just noticed that my new phone is now animating like the other one now. I guess it makes sense to be random because a ton of live tiles on the home screen, all doing the same thing could be visually boring or busy without the varying animations.

Thanks for helping me figure this out!

WNxAshik

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
True.

Have you guys tried shaking the phone when your xbox avatar screen is opened in games hub?
The reactions are random too.

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Haha yeah its hilarious. I was showing my girlfriend this and she is all excited for a Windows Phone now. She is easily entertained...(as am I, hence my sharing my avatar with her)

One of the reactions breaks the screen if I recall correctly. You can shake the phone or touch and swipe from side to side quickly. The avatar gets angry and shatters the screen.(Edit: I think vibrate has to be on...I just tried it and if it doesn't vibrate, there is no shatter...just the angry animation)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99