Dear Friends,

I purchased a Lumia 720 few months back in India. But, now I have moved to Canada and have taken the services of Telus. But in Canada Lumia 720 phone is not launched.
    Can someone please tell me how can I update my phone to Lumia Black Update? Is there any way by which I can update my phone through over the air update?

I have seen on internet, that there is a developer preview app of Microsoft available which can provide the GDR3 update. But is it safe to use? I once reset my phone earlier and the phone got stuck at the cogs. Somehow i solved that issue after lot of hard work and therefore I also don't want any such situations.

So, please help me if any one knows the solution to this problem.

Thanks
    01-24-2014 12:31 AM
    You should have no problems with getting the black update....you will get the black update no matter where you take your phone to....just check in the link below when it is gonna be available.... and as far as getting your phone developer unlocked it's legal and doesn't create any problems for your phone :)
    Availability in Asia Pacific - Nokia
    01-24-2014 12:48 AM
    But isn't the updates launched by carrier itself? How can I get the update here in Canada, as the Telus website is not showing the phone itself. Or Telus will send the update to all devices regardless of model...
    01-24-2014 02:07 AM
    Only the updates for carrier locked phones are dependent on the carrier. Since you bought it from India, it is probably the Indian CV, and thus you will get the update when it is out for India. Check the manufacturer name of your phone under extras+info.
    01-24-2014 04:29 AM
    You get the update regardless of which sim you are using in your phone....the carriers only approve it by testing them....telus won't send the update to you....just wait till the update is deployed in India and you'll get the black update...my phone is from Australia and I'm currently in Saudi Arabia....i got the update as soon as it was released in Australia :)

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
    01-24-2014 07:46 AM
    thank you guys :)
    01-25-2014 02:12 AM