Sync Gmail contacts to WP8

user86

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

I got a Nokia Luia 925 4 days ago and I have hours and hours trying to look for an answer on why I cannot sync a gmail account contacts to it.
I have read that WP8 GDR 2 should be able to do so. Can someone explain me how to do it?

Thanks!

John Culver

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I just got a Nokia Icon and have the same issue
added a gmail account, and can check email fine, but NONE of the google contacts synced (yes sync contacts is checked)
Seems like it should be easy, what am I missing?

I added my second google account (google hosted) and same thing, no contacts sync'd

John Culver

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Ahh This may help others too
Under gmail most contacts are listed under 'Other Contacts'
Those will not sync with WP8 9or Outlook) unless moved to the 'My Contacts' folder in gmail
Once you move them, tell your phone to sync (or wait till it does automatically) and you will have all your contacts

John Culver

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Well that sorta worked, all the google contacts syn'd but with no freaking email addresses, how bloody useful is that
What the hell is wrong

reidbp

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Haha, I was just going through problem, figured it out, and came back to post the solution. Changing them to mobile/home/etc. makes them sync.

EDIT* I'm actually having a different problem, when I look at the contact the phone # is saved as "other" instead of mobile/home/etc. and those aren't syncing.

John Culver

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Your solution DOES work, though that is a lot of work when you have a lot of contacts, changing the email to home etc makes them sync, now how to do it in mass

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb