Sound not updating??

SoullessOnyx

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Hey, so sometimes my phone can be fine but 3 days ago my phone started acting up, sometimes it happens and sometimes it don't but what is happening is I am unable to change the volume, the button works fine, when I click it the numbers pop up at the top indicating how loud I have it at, but for some reason the volume doesn't change, I could put it all the way done to 0/30 and there will still be sound playing or I could turn it up to 30/30 and the sound would still be the same, I haven't dropped my phone or anything, so I am kinda confused.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Soft reset. Tried it and solved the problem for me.

Well, either that or a simple reboot would be fine.

Or, you know, stop the music.

Sent from my Lumia 620 using Tapatalk

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
It happened to me whenever i used to open a whatsapp video...i couldn't control the volumes..!!
A soft reset is the usual....hold the volume down and power button

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

SoullessOnyx

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I think it has something to do with MixRadio, I deleted that App and still had the problem, even if I turned my phone on and off, in the end I needed to factory set my phone and now it works.

Killer BIGxyz

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I can verify that it has nothing to do with whatsapp or Mixradio as I experienced this same problem without ever downloading either, I first happened to me on Christmas morning. Using Lumia 1020 with dev preview release and gdr3

altafmahmood

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
This seems to be the bug of the OS. Having this problem since I bought the phone way back in April. Hopefully it will be solved by the 8.1 update by Microsoft where it will seperate volume control.

Sent from my L620 using Tapatalk

Al_2

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Nokia Lumia 920 - I cannot change the volume level when listening to music or watching videos. What can I do?

This can happen when volume is being adjusted before an earlier track, having a different audio stream, is completely finished.

Nokia is investigating this issue and will do some corrective actions but until then, to preventing this issue to happen, the user can do the following things:

1) Try to avoid having both mono and stereo songs on playlist - In the mixing of stereo and mono mp3 files, there will be a mix of multiple audio streams - Whether the audio file is mono or stereo, can be checked by using PC and e.g. VLC player, Mediainfo, etc. program that displays technical information about media files.
2) Try to avoid adjusting volume right after skipping songs (if you have both mono and stereo tracks on playlist)

Quick workaround: Rebooting the device.

Nokia Lumia 920 - FAQ ?€“ Troubleshooting ?€“ Questions and Answers - Nokia Lumia 920 - I cannot change the volume level when listening to music or watching videos. What can I do? - Nokia - UK

akks

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Hey, so sometimes my phone can be fine but 3 days ago my phone started acting up, sometimes it happens and sometimes it don't but what is happening is I am unable to change the volume, the button works fine, when I click it the numbers pop up at the top indicating how loud I have it at, but for some reason the volume doesn't change, I could put it all the way done to 0/30 and there will still be sound playing or I could turn it up to 30/30 and the sound would still be the same, I haven't dropped my phone or anything, so I am kinda confused.
Thank God.. I was searching for that complaint.. Im not alone..
Im also having exactly that complaint after black update. Its there in any media playing, like WhatsApp video, mixradio, you tube video etc.. But not always.. Restarting fixes that temporarily as someone stated above. I tried soft reset, no help. Hope Nokia brings a fix to this issue soon...
Btw, Im using L820.

akks

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
This needs to be put as an article in here, A lot of the post black update phones have this bug... Daniel.. Are you there?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes