BBM for windows phone leaked with pictures here

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbob1016

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
how do you know that? eh

Reasons this account is fake:
1) I don't think they'd call it WP in their name, handle yes, their actual name? No.
2) I don't think any programmer would include a back button, when most (all?) WP's have a physical back button, yeah, it's more uniform, but it also makes it look like a screen shot from another device, as that doesn't look WP-ish.
3) The icon looks fake, don't think they'd change the colors.
4) The bottom part where you type looks copied and pasted, there is even an outline of white to the side of it.

Not saying this in a negative way, I mean, it's more believable than that iOS 7 making phones waterproof non-sense, but still, this is fake. iOS 7 waterproof link:
Fake Apple Ad Claims iOS 7 Update Waterproofs iPhones - ABC News

meddyrainzo

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
So bad, my friend suggested that nawzil is reliable source.. Need to unfollow him.. But than whom to follow for reliability, please suggest me guys.

Sent via Lumia 625 Black

If you're looking for info outside of WPCentral and the Verge, then there is no "true" reliable source.
Of all the sources out there that "leak info", Nawzil has been, for the most part, consistent with accurate info (except for a few hiccups like Dan explained). So I would say, Nawzil has proven to be >90% accurate regardless of how he gets his info and if you don't think he is reliable, then don't bother with others cause they are worse.
Final advice: Stick to WPCentral and the Verge but you can check out nawzil from time to time...and never EVER listen to WMPoweruser. They are so unreliable.

EDIT:mad: eVleaks is a reliable source too

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
If you're looking for info outside of WPCentral and the Verge, then there is no "true" reliable source.
Of all the sources out there that "leak info", Nawzil has been, for the most part, consistent with accurate info (except for a few hiccups like Dan explained). So I would say, Nawzil has proven to be >90% accurate regardless of how he gets his info and if you don't think he is reliable, then don't bother with others cause they are worse.
Final advice: Stick to WPCentral and the Verge but you can check out nawzil from time to time...and never EVER listen to WMPoweruser. They are so unreliable.

I'd agree with those three: Verge, Evleaks and our site.

Nawzil isn't an insider, he just collects info from the 'net and tweets it. He is on the WhatsApp beta, but then again, so aren't lots of people. He can be fun to follow, but like I said, don't' read too much into his stuff as he's not testing 8.1 or has access to it.

Localhorst86

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site

Definitely agree with this, especially the WMpoweruser part. Their way of "journalism" really sucks, their English skills are sub par (and I say this as a non-native English speaker) and they report almost any rumor as fact.

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site

dude, you got a Thanks from Daniel, I'm jealous right now..

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I think its fake. I saw the same story on Facebook from a WPCentral post about something completely different and it had a link to a Twitter account. Once you click the link, you get to a "twitter" page that asks you to log on. I thought this is BS. I'm already logged on to Twitter, why is it asking for a login? Some cat out of India posted it. I had his Facebook name for a minute but got rid of it. I think its bogus.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
its fake , in the images you can see it has a back button in the app itself; why would one need a back button on the screen where it as on the phone itself(physical button) , photoshoped images.

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
ho ho ho...
how many people are crazy about BBM?
i think i should really try it to understand why people running for it.
till date, i never used it, (and i consider both my social life and smartphone life is quite good and long), and i never felt any need of it.

svenhassel

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
BBM should have been multiplatform a long time ago. Now is on the way out. I don?t care if it is coming or not. At least here, Whatssap is the standard now, for better or worse.

gwinegarden

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Fake or real, it still has one annoying 'feature' (or, I should say lack of a feature) it doesn't say anything when it begins listening. Why can't it say "listening" or such? When you are in the car, etc., you can't be looking at the screen. Every other phone that I have had, including 'dumb' phones has opened up and talked to me to let me know it is waiting.

azarighty

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
ho ho ho...
how many people are crazy about BBM?
i think i should really try it to understand why people running for it.
till date, i never used it, (and i consider both my social life and smartphone life is quite good and long), and i never felt any need of it.

you get to chat with strangers,get pins from people (chicks) who dont want to give their phone nos and join awesome groups which are open unlike WhatsApp and such

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
you get to chat with strangers,get pins from people (chicks) who dont want to give their phone nos and join awesome groups which are open unlike WhatsApp and such

Will prefer kik. Or useless google talk. Bbm sucks on ios , buggy.

Sent from my iPad using WPCentral Forums mobile app

stalemate1

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
As I always say, keep life simple...use what's app, who needs security. I don't care if anyone knows what I discuss with family...I have nothing to hide, unless I was a top secret agent transferring 184 billion dollars...which I'm not, but using something with high security sure looks suspect.

Didn't what's app improve its security recently anyway ?

Nawzil

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
The thing about Nawzil is he words things in such a way as to not commit to certain things, deny it other times. For instance, he RT'd that BBM image. You think that would be an endorsement of its legitimacy, since he didn't say it was fake. Instead, he now says this:

It's like, c'mon... Had he known it was fake, he would have said it right away. He's backtracking now, putting in our lap. It's our fault if we interpreted it as a confirmation.

Now that I and everyone else came out and said it's fake, he's on the bandwagon. Just pay attention to how he crafts his Tweets.
LOL. Daniel it looks like you know about me more than I know about myself.
I knew it was fake, and that was very obvious. I just retweeted it to see the reaction of WP users. Next time I have to be careful of what I retweet as it causes confusions.

I'd agree with those three: Verge, Evleaks and our site.

Nawzil isn't an insider, he just collects info from the 'net and tweets it. He is on the WhatsApp beta, but then again, so aren't lots of people. He can be fun to follow, but like I said, don't' read too much into his stuff as he's not testing 8.1 or has access to it.
"he just collects info from the 'net and tweets it"? LOL, that's funny. You have no idea who I am.

DBZo07

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
^^ interesting reply. You sounded like an employee of Nokia, want to know your designation.. Please..

Sent via Lumia 625 Black

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven