Cortana LEAK!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WNxAshik

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
If that video is what cortana, is then its one of the sexiest UI integration i have seen.
Even though everyone claims its a fake, it doesnt seem like a bad idea.

Storl

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
New video, much better this time, but now I'm more going for hoax, as its the exact same thing done before.

It's still pretty elaborate for a hoax and it doesn't even look totally fake either, so at least it's pretty well done if it's a fake :)

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Tom Warren has actually seen WP8.1, so I'll believe him. Our Mr. Rubino thinks so too, so I'm learning more towards fake now.

I can't comment on the legitimacy of this video...but I do feel the need to say one thing.

There are very few people that I openly disparage. Tom Warren is one of them. If he writes it, then it is a guess at best. He's a miserable hack who mistreats MS folks on a regular basis.

Listening to him is like listening to Paul Thurrott. Sometimes it's right, usually not, but always filled with ego.

Storl

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
But how to make such a hoax? If its true i will never believe again what, Daniel Rubinho or Tom Warren saying.

One can just create a Video and then just play it, this isn't hard, it just takes some time to create all the UI and animation transitions, it's pretty well done for a supposed fake, but eitherway i wouldn't get my hopes up for anything until Microsoft shows off the real WP8.1...

Last edited:

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
How can you people tell if it's fake, this seems SO REAL to me :D
Anyway, sounds awesome except that the voice is so generic-robotic.
Needs to be a little more human like.

xconomicron

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
There's probably something Tom or Dan knows about Cortana...and/or they are obligated to deny that this is fake? It looks pretty fluid and real to me. I'm not gonna go sift through the video to see if its fake or not. Its possible its an earlier build than the current ones their testing?

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
There's probably something Tom or Dan knows about Cortana...and/or they are obligated to deny that this is fake? It looks pretty fluid and real to me. I'm not gonna go sift through the video to see if its fake or not. Its possible its an earlier build than the current ones their testing?

They are obliged to not say anything *if* they know about any of these stuff and are currently testing. They would normally just not comment either way if they knew something.

xconomicron

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
But how to make such a hoax? If its true i will never believe again what, Daniel Rubinho or Tom Warren saying.

Even though they are just journalists, they could be bound by a contract from MS stating that they cannot talk about this...at least not yet?? That is probably why they are denying that this is fake.

In addition, it was mentioned awhile ago that Cortana was fixing to be externally tested...by MS employees and their families.

I can see this video being real...or maybe real in a sense that its probably an older build and things have probably changed significantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb