The big upgrade.

Cybersonic

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I still have a Lumia 900 that I won't be able to upgrade until April. (Att pushed the upgrade cycle to 24 months). I haven't been too involved with the community for the past year or so, but with me finally entering the cool kids club of WP8 I finally decided to get back in.

Come April and if there isn't a new phone out, should I go ahead and upgrade to a current phone or wait it out with WP7 some more until a new phone is released?

I don't have the income to afford a temporary phone (e.g. 520) and a new phone when it is released. My only option is using the money I've saved in April or saving that money for later.

AccentAE86

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Well personally, if I was going to upgrade, I'd get a 1520. It is the first of the new generation of windows phones, using the SD800 processor. So knowing that, it will be current longer than the previous gen phones using the S4 processors.

Though really, it's hard to go wrong with any windows phone as they all work nice and smooth. If you want lots of bang for the buck, the 920 is selling so cheap lightly used nowadays.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
If it were me, I'd probably wait it out now. The next series of phones built for 8.1 have to be on the horizon.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I agree with the above. If you have to take the plunge now, I'd get a 1520 because of the specs. They always say the best technology is right around the corner, and if you keep looking you'll never make a purchase, but in this case you should wait. I'm sure there will be some pretty terrific 8.1 phones out in May and June.

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I still have a Lumia 900 that I won't be able to upgrade until April. (Att pushed the upgrade cycle to 24 months). I haven't been too involved with the community for the past year or so, but with me finally entering the cool kids club of WP8 I finally decided to get back in.

Come April and if there isn't a new phone out, should I go ahead and upgrade to a current phone or wait it out with WP7 some more until a new phone is released?

I don't have the income to afford a temporary phone (e.g. 520) and a new phone when it is released. My only option is using the money I've saved in April or saving that money for later.
Lumia 1020 should be free with contract extension in april. Buy a 520 now and sell it in April. Never pay $200 or more under contract for a windows phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234