Spinning cogs :/

Menna Mustafa

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Good morning Folks !

I recently brought a Nokia Lumia 625 and I wanted to reset it. I did the fatal mistake of resetting it through the "Setting Option" in the "About". I thought that it would be better than doing a hard reset. Anyways, I enetered into the non-ending circle of the spinning gears and cogs !

I searched alot and tried different key combinations (Including hard reset and soft reset) but no avail. I came across a thread where one user described a way to flash the Lumia but apparently Nokia blocked Navifirm. I managed to find a navifirm with a backed up cache but my 625 didnt appear on the list.

This is y primary phone and I really HAVE to get it fixed ! I didnt know that a simple reset would cause me so much hassle :(

There was another solution however, which was installing the NSU but my laptop has XP on it so I cant install it.

The question here: Do I download the firmware for Lumia 620 and install it? I am a noob in this kind of things and I dont want to mess the problem further.

Any help is appreciated!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
NSU is the easiest way to fix this situation. Having W7 or W8 and WiFi.

NSU downloads the firmware and installs it on the phone. However you lose all your data. Well you're going lose your data regardless in this situation.

Another thing to try is this:

Step 1
Make sure the phone is turned off.

1. Press and hold the power key.
2. Phone vibrates (release the key)
3. Press and hold the volume down key.
4. Exclamation mark is shown on the screen (release the volume down key).

Step 2
Input the following key combination:

1. Volume Up
2. Volume down
3. Power
4. Volume down

The phone will reset and boot up automatically.

That may work however I recommend getting NSU on a friend's computer if you have to.

Menna Mustafa

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Well, if the phone is switched off this would mean that the battery is drained and that it wont light up?

Currently, its plugged in recharging since I took it off the charge the past night..so, should I unplug it and try these key combination?

And thanks for the suggestion, I guess I wil have to do it on a friend's laptop after all !

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
You can give the key combinations a try but I would suggest NSU personally. It basically refreshes the whole OS and firmware.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720