Messenging for WP 8.1

Jack Janik

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys! IM apps completely murder my battery. I've heard some things about Skype integration, but will the OS messaging app have any other messengers built-in? (Kik, better Facebook, Yahoo!,) anyone know?

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Glad you asked - here is my personal saga.

Heavy Viber user. Switched to Whatsapp long time back but my loyal friends were split between the two. My family moved to whatever IM app I suggested - viber then whatsapp, then Skype, then again whatsapp, then Facebook, back to whatsapp - everything killed my battery. I swear people who have known me on this forum for long knows I've been trying to find a solution.

Things are getting better with WP8 as it is. I wrote a thread few days back about backend merge actually taking effect on accounts. I've now uninstalled ALL IM apps. I am in touch with friends via Facebook, Messenger and Skype. My family is on Skype too now. Battery life is amazing with the stock chat client. Reliability you ask? It is 90% (as much as whatsapp) reliable with Skype app installed. If you are not fussed about video calls via your phone, without Skype app and current tweaks in back end of messaging - you will get your messages with about 95% reliability.

I am at peace finally and with WP8.1 Skype should be right at the heart of things. Facebook already is. Yahoo! - nah. Skype will be iMessage of WP. It will be better and stronger. HD videos via People Hub is my dream and that will happen, if not in WP8.1 then at least WP8.1 update 3 :p

GideonTerblanche

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
glad you asked - here is my personal saga.

Heavy viber user. Switched to whatsapp long time back but my loyal friends were split between the two. My family moved to whatever im app i suggested - viber then whatsapp, then skype, then again whatsapp, then facebook, back to whatsapp - everything killed my battery. I swear people who have known me on this forum for long knows i've been trying to find a solution.

Things are getting better with wp8 as it is. I wrote a thread few days back about backend merge actually taking effect on accounts. I've now uninstalled all im apps. I am in touch with friends via facebook, messenger and skype. My family is on skype too now. Battery life is amazing with the stock chat client. Reliability you ask? It is 90% (as much as whatsapp) reliable with skype app installed. If you are not fussed about video calls via your phone, without skype app and current tweaks in back end of messaging - you will get your messages with about 95% reliability.

I am at peace finally and with wp8.1 skype should be right at the heart of things. Facebook already is. Yahoo! - nah. Skype will be imessage of wp. It will be better and stronger. Hd videos via people hub is my dream and that will happen, if not in wp8.1 then at least wp8.1 update 3 :p
:p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium