Black update scrolling bug

sd4f

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
After the Black update arrived on my L920, noticed a fairly glitchy scrolling effect on the start screen. Not really a major problem, but looks quite dodgy.

To get it to happen, scroll down on the start screen, and while it is moving, press the back button to watch it. Not as apparent as if you scroll upwards and click back. Looks like the inertia is persistent after pressing the back button.

I wonder if this could get patched out, or would it require a new OS update.

lovenokia

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I have had this problem since wp7 pre-nodo with my Samsung focus. I guess it is part of the OS, you just did not notice that before.

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

sd4f

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty sure it didn't happen before the update.

If I pressed the back button, it would shoot up to the top and stay there.

But if you say it's still from WP7, then it's probably the case that the bug moves around. It may also be found in some regional flavours of the firmware, and not others.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
You meant the Windows button (middle one) not the back button, right? I tried the back button several time, nothing. Just used the middle button, and it seems ok. I actually like the inertia thing, not noticed it before though.

HyperChrisX

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
It's been around awhile. I've noticed it back on my LG Quantum (WP 7.5 & 7.8), then on my HTC 8X (WP8 GDR1), and it is still here on my Lumia 920 (Amber & Black).

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Oh lord, I posted above and it was fine. Then went out and started playing with it, now it is doing a big judder at times. Ouch, nit as nice. But I can live with it. I noticed a tiny glitch on the WPC app when scrolling, at times. But it is smooth mostly. Much better than the Verge app, which has some nasty scroll going off.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12