How to set separate alarm, ringtone and music/playback volume?

himmatsj

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
I can't for the life of me find a way to set a separate volume for my alarm and ringtone. Usually, I like my alarm real loud. My general playback volume is usually medium-high. And I like my ringtone discreet...medium low (cause I don't like my phone disrupting lectures and tutorials).

How do I do it?

tribexx

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
this feature will come on windows phone 8.1

Hello,

I just want to confirm something. I was using my Nokia 928 and when I turned down the volume for the ringer, I sometimes missed and Alarm...OK fine.
I recently had to switch out my 928 for a new one. Now, no matter what volume my phone is on, right now it is on 00/30, the alarm sounds like it is at 20/30....

Did I miss something? I am on Amber and everything is updated....did I miss a setting from my old phone?

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I just want to confirm something. I was using my Nokia 928 and when I turned down the volume for the ringer, I sometimes missed and Alarm...OK fine.
I recently had to switch out my 928 for a new one. Now, no matter what volume my phone is on, right now it is on 00/30, the alarm sounds like it is at 20/30....

Did I miss something? I am on Amber and everything is updated....did I miss a setting from my old phone?

Nope, you didn't miss anything. Separate volume controls for ringer, media or alarms is coming in the next update.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

Read this.
http://www.windowscentral.com/developers-leak-new-features-windows-phone-81-sdk

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Nope, you didn't miss anything. Separate volume controls for ringer, media or alarms is coming in the next update.

umm...did you read the post you replied to? Tribexx is saying his alarm volume is already separate to his ringer volume...and he's on Amber, not WP 8.1.

So can anyone else confirm that the alarm volume is not controlled by the overall ringer volume (an important thing to know, if it's the case)?

tribexx

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Thanks all for that replied...

But I am 100% sure in what I type.

I have my volume down to 00/30 during the work day. With my previous 928s (I have had two before), that was fine. I have a daily 10:30 alarm for some vitamins. I often sometimes missed that alarm if my phone was face down. When I am at home, I used to put it to 05/30 when I went to sleep, my 5:15am alarm sounded with a nice tone to not awaken those around me....

Now, with my new replacement 928, I am still at 00/30, but at 10:30am there is a LOUD alarm, inside of my cubicle office that people are starting to get upset about, coming from my phone. My 5:15am alarm is at the same high volume awaking half the house. (Even though I have it at 05/30).

What is happening?

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
umm...did you read the post you replied to? Tribexx is saying his alarm volume is already separate to his ringer volume...and he's on Amber, not WP 8.1.

So can anyone else confirm that the alarm volume is not controlled by the overall ringer volume (an important thing to know, if it's the case)?

Gotcha, I totally misread that. That is weird, could it be a defective phone?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Old_Cus

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Interesting....my alarms start with the volume low and the volume increases as it rings so it takes abit of time for it to reach full volume.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss