I cannot log in to a website from Windows Phone, but I am successful from other platforms

gerado44i

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
I cannot log in to a website from Windows Phone, i get "unknown username or wrong password" regardless to whether i use IE10 or UC Browser...however, it is no problem to log in from any computer or Android device. What could be wrong? I tended to believe that this was a OS bug, and I hoped it would disappear after installing the Lumia Black update (Lumia 925), however nothing has changed.

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I had a similar problem with a website. I changed the IE settings to allow cookies on the phone, and then I could log in. Maybe that will work for you too.

gerado44i

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
thanks mpt15, "Cookies from websites and apps" was set to "block some". Unfortunately nothing has changed after changing it to "accept all"

Elitis

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
The OS has nothing to do with it. The problem is IE is an awful browser to code for, and the developer likely didn't bother with it. Or didn't debug thoroughly. In any case, you're out of luck with any browser you download from the Windows Phone Store, as the only browsers accepted use the Trident (IE) engine. Sorry

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
The OS has nothing to do with it. The problem is IE is an awful browser to code for, and the developer likely didn't bother with it. Or didn't debug thoroughly. In any case, you're out of luck with any browser you download from the Windows Phone Store, as the only browsers accepted use the Trident (IE) engine. Sorry
The problem is that developer hate a lot of things Microsoft, including IE and its Trident Engine, resulting in sites optimized for Chrome instead. Even Firefox is seeing its star dim a bit thanks to Chrome switching to Blink.

Elitis

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
The problem is that developer hate a lot of things Microsoft, including IE and its Trident Engine, resulting in sites optimized for Chrome instead. Even Firefox is seeing its star dim a bit thanks to Chrome switching to Blink.

As a developer, I can attest to that. The only thing I hate about Microsoft, though, is IE. As for Firefox, I'm starting to hate developing for it as well. Kind of hoping Web App Stores, like the Firefox Marketplace and the Chrome Web Store take off. Its ridiculous, how unstandardized client-side code is in the browsers.

gerado44i

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for clarification Elitis / WanderingTraveler!

That is what i suspected as well. Since IE comes pre-installed and cannot be removed, i thought that it was a part of the operating system and hoped for improvements after installing the Lumia Black update.

marratj

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem with my online banking website. However, if I set IE from mobile view to Desktop view and restart it before retrying to login, it works.

Salehshams

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem. I am using lumia 720 and there are certain websites which are not opening. I have changed settings to desktop mode but still no love. I have tried opening the website in UC browser, IE 10 and Nokia Express, but the website does not opens. This is the link of the website. ...
eLegalix - Allahabad High Court Judgment Information System

Please help.
I tried to open this webpage from my IE , but it doesn't... I tried by Uc browser and it opened this webpage successfully in PHONE mode

anadi1984

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I tried to open this webpage from my IE , but it doesn't... I tried by Uc browser and it opened this webpage successfully in PHONE mode

thanx for the attempt, but the web page is still not FULLY loading in UC browser in phone or PC mode. There is a blue bar containing links on the left hand side which is not loading. Please try to open the page on a PC and you'll get to know the difference.thanx again

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss