Do tiles/settings move over to new phone?

StevoPhilo

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I have a 920 and I was wondering if tiles/settings move over to my 1020 (coming soon) if I log into my live account.

I was customizing some themes on Skinery Themes as well wondering if they would transfer so I don't have to RECREATE them.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I believe you will need to recreate them. You can back up app but data within the app is not saved. I'm using Cool Tiles to customize start screen, and after hard reset (backed up apps before) I lost all data in all apps including Cool Tiles. So I recreated them (tiles)

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I believe it would be the same as a hard reset with backup.
It just puts back the apps but when it comes to settings and accounts/logins, you on your own.

o0Nighthawk0o

May 15, 2013
Visit site
What I do is take screenshots of my start screen and save them to my computer/skydrive. That way if I have to replace the phone or do a hard reset, I know what my layout was. This won't keep your Skinnery data but may be of help when recreating the tiles.

StevoPhilo

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
What I do is take screenshots of my start screen and save them to my computer/skydrive. That way if I have to replace the phone or do a hard reset, I know what my layout was. This won't keep your Skinnery data but may be of help when recreating the tiles.

Haha yea I do it all the time. Thanks for the suggestion.

One thing is that my apps didn't download or transfer. Was there something that I did wrong lol?

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
One thing is that my apps didn't download or transfer. Was there something that I did wrong lol?

Settings->Backup->app list + settings

is the setting for that backup. If you had that enabled, you should have got your apps downloaded and reinstalled upon restore

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Haha yea I do it all the time. Thanks for the suggestion.

You need to have 'app list + settings' backup enabled. And you need to have signed in while setting up your phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett