Tidying up Calendar

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
When I had a Symbian OS phone, you could tidy up the calender by clearing out everything before a certain date. Is there a way to do this with the Windows Phone 8 Calendar? I noticed it still has all the entries from when I first bought this phone last year ie about 8 months worth. I tend to put lots of reminders, which really don't need to be there once they're past.

DBDev

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
I looked, but unfortunately I can't find any way to do that. BTW, why do you want to delete them? :wink:

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Why do people always think something suspicious is going on? I just don't like the trend for everything we ever do to be constantly archived. It should be something *I* have control over.

Hypnopottamus

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
You could have the actual email account do it for you. I'm pretty sure all major email accounts allow you to do an automatic delete after x days. If it is "security" or "privacy" you are worried about, do this server side rather than via your device.

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
You could have the actual email account do it for you. I'm pretty sure all major email accounts allow you to do an automatic delete after x days. If it is "security" or "privacy" you are worried about, do this server side rather than via your device.

That's exactly what I was looking for on outlook.com but there doesn't seem to be much in the way of options. Hopefully there is that option and I just can't see the wood for the trees!

By the way I am on about the calendar entries not the email just to be clear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa