What do you think about Facebook Paper?

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Nothing Facebook does can change my opinion of them. They are a privacy-invading behemoth that would be doing us all a favor if it died.

Umm now I am in a dilemma to use Facebook or not. Yes sometimes Facebook is irritating due to games notification , I always curios what if my account got hacked by someone , I should consider deleting my account. By this I can moreover focus on my studies much more easily rather just hanging around on Facebook and liking ,commenting on images ;)
WhatsApp does the same , and I have Skype to communicate with my close friends. I really don't understand how to use twitter. Can someone here Elian me how to use it. I have a account but I rarely use it. Oh one more. I use Instagram a lot , will deleting my Facebook id delete or conflict with my Instagram ? This post is completely off topic sorry

Sent from my iPad using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Umm now I am in a dilemma to use Facebook or not. Yes sometimes Facebook is irritating due to games notification , I always curios what if my account got hacked by someone , I should consider deleting my account. By this I can moreover focus on my studies much more easily rather just hanging around on Facebook and liking ,commenting on images ;)
WhatsApp does the same , and I have Skype to communicate with my close friends. I really don't understand how to use twitter. Can someone here Elian me how to use it. I have a account but I rarely use it. Oh one more. I use Instagram a lot , will deleting my Facebook id delete or conflict with my Instagram ? This post is completely off topic sorry

I'll answer your last question. I have an Instagram account, even though I do not have a Facebook account.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I'll answer your last question. I have an Instagram account, even though I do not have a Facebook account.

Now I know its safe to kick Facebook. Will also get another stupid benefit , will get 300-400mb space on my tablet by deleting the app. Now a final goodbye post on Facebook. Hahaha ;)

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Now I know its safe to kick Facebook. Will also get another stupid benefit , will get 300-400mb space on my tablet by deleting the app. Now a final goodbye post on Facebook. Hahaha ;)

Wow, you are easily influenced :p

I have ditched all the photo social networks and video social networks. I only tweet and Facebook because my family and friends won't move from Facebook to Skype. The day I have everyone on Skype (the day when Skype mobile isn't a battery hog on any OS!) - I will become anti-social networking, save my phone battery and use Skype video calls for special ones, Skype chat for the nice ones, Skype image sharing etc for good ones. Everyone else, will be on my block list :p

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Wow, you are easily influenced :p

I have ditched all the photo social networks and video social networks. I only tweet and Facebook because my family and friends won't move from Facebook to Skype. The day I have everyone on Skype (the day when Skype mobile isn't a battery hog on any OS!) - I will become anti-social networking, save my phone battery and use Skype video calls for special ones, Skype chat for the nice ones, Skype image sharing etc for good ones. Everyone else, will be on my block list :p

I am teen so yes I am easily influenced by an adult(Laura and Chris ) ;
most of my pals have created account on Skype but they hardly use it due the same reason , its not popular /widely used in India ,I somehow use it to video chat with my sis who is living in Toronto , better than texting on whatsapp or voce messages ; hope in future everyone adopt Skype and fix those problem ; bring file sharing in windows phone 8 ( if we compare whatsapp/we chat one can share videos , images and save them in library so why can't Microsoft do it on their own OS and on their own application SKYPE)maybe wp8.1 will change all this for everyone, need more deeper integration of Skype in wp.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Facebook Is now 10 years old , umm still the same , I was addicted to it like it was cocaine :p (bad example ) , even my principal , teacher told me to quit Facebook , it is waste of time on such book , rather I should open up my books lol

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Facebook will never die unless, unless something comes along to replace it. But what will replace it??

This is true. For the most part Facebook replaced MySpace but I think MySpace did more to kill itself by not policing its content as it should have. google always does the same thing as it did with G+. See where the crowd is and put up a banner across the street with free lemonade and hope you'd show up.

At any rate, on this app, I can see what Dave is talking about with Facebook paper and its similarities.

Having said that, Flipboard is setting a new standard for presentation in content delivery. I suspect it is what birthed FlipMag beta and Facebook paper. Maybe the next major release of WPCentral will share these elements. It would be awesome if it did.

mobile divide

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I was reading a quote from Zuckerberg in 2009 talking about Facebook being the OS for social interactions. With 1.2 Billion users and 500 Million daily you can say they have succeeded. Paper is a news reader built on their social OS, FB Messaging is a messaging service built on the social OS. They can continue building stuff like social shopping sites, social video players. I honestly think Facebook isn't going anywhere for another 10 years.

Facebook will never die unless, unless something comes along to replace it. But what will replace it??

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Looks good from the video. Glassy smooth and the refresh looks decent from what was shown in the video but I'll need to see more of the gestures I know Facebook Paper has before I think this is worth celebrating. I wonder how much longer in the oven?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss