Screen Scrolling is not Smooth...jittery and flickering/jumping

husam2277

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I think I'm repeating my self in this thread but I'm really tired and desperate of trying to solve this issue for more than 6 months... Hope one day will find a solution...

I did make same thread as this for my previous 925... It actually happening again for my 1520... and another old thread mentioned same problem for 920... Im experiencing a slight jitter when scrolling rapidly through some apps content (inc WPCentral, Facebook and many other) and the mobile Facebook site, specially when scrolling lists which contains many images like facebook, wpcentral and many others... Its not smooth/jittery and flickering/jumping while scrolling and sometimes the screen flickers for a moment showing another extent of the scrolled data (this didn't happen for my previous 925)...

I have disabled everything nokia related in the settings, blocked all background tasks, also I did tried to flash my 925 with no luck solving the problem...

Just wondering if anyone noticed this also? This is shame they couldn't make the scrolling smooth... I remember the 920 when it first released it was very very smooth, comparing the 1520 to the iphone, you will really know how much the iphone is much smoother...

When Nokia/Microsoft trying to compete with apple and samsung they at least need to fix these basic issues....

I will really admit that the one solving this issue is really expert and pro as I have tried everything....

Last edited by a moderator:

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: 6 Months looking for a solution with no luck!!!

If you're scrolling through long lists that contain images taken from the internet, you're going to get some jumping around as images/text is loaded. It's normal behaviour.

It's pretty hard to understand what you're meaning here, so if you could supply a video, it would make it a lot easier to see the effect and say what the cause is.

jaypatel19

May 11, 2013
Visit site

yes, I have same issue & few extra in my 925(which is actually 6th replace from NOKIA in 4 months) & all those problems I never had in 820, there is no solution for this, because I tried each & every way I found, so just live with it

husam2277

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site

If you're scrolling through long lists that contain images taken from the internet, you're going to get some jumping around as images/text is loaded. It's normal behaviour.

It's pretty hard to understand what you're meaning here, so if you could supply a video, it would make it a lot easier to see the effect and say what the cause is.
I do make sure that the whole list is loaded and also get sure not to scroll close to the bottom so the app don't load more content..
Here is a video, I'm not sure if the video is clear to notice this issue... concentrate on how the scrolling is not smooth and jumping a little..

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site

Hmm I don't see it. You sure it's a valid complaint or are you OCDing? From the video you provided it seems to scroll pretty smoothly.

Sent from my XT1060 using Mobile Nations mobile app

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

seems normal to me, just that you dont like the animate, thats all.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site

This happens mostly on the Facebook app. I do not experience this bug on the Android version of Facebook

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

Not on android version? You are kidding me. Scrolling on my Nexus 7 is a hell is any kind of apps. May be except some apps from Google. This is up to develops of application to make smooth apps, not OS, not Microsoft.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site

Yeah, it is pretty smooth on my LG G2. Never have any issues scrolling. On my 920 I do.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Talk4Lig

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site

Try setting up lower image quality in wpcentral settings/images quality. Medium is working fine on my 920.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

I have never had a phone or tablet in which scrolling was always 100% smooth. I personally don't find any of the scrolling on my 920 too jarring.

husam2277

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site

Hmm I don't see it. You sure it's a valid complaint or are you OCDing? From the video you provided it seems to scroll pretty smoothly.

Sent from my XT1060 using Mobile Nations mobile app

the video cant give a clear viewing to this issue....

husam2277

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site

Try setting up lower image quality in wpcentral settings/images quality. Medium is working fine on my 920.
yes I tried this before, it help but tge issue still there, it seems like the graphic engine in the phone cant handle scrolling of large number of HD images... I think the software and drivers are badly optimized with the gpu.... Very bad

husam2277

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site

I have never had a phone or tablet in which scrolling was always 100% smooth. I personally don't find any of the scrolling on my 920 too jarring.

when you try you will know the difference... Try an iphone... Or good 920 like one I had before...

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site

Can't say if there's something wrong from the video. The only time I've noticed some jitter on a Lumia 920 is when holding my finger mid-scroll with sensitivity set to high.

Maybe your eyes resolve faster than the screen refresh rate.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

This happens mostly on the Facebook app. I do not experience this bug on the Android version of Facebook

I don't use the Facebook app on WP, but I've noticed the same thing in scrolling other pages or lists. I have a 920, and I used it beside a Nexus 4, and now a Nexus 5. One example is if you scroll very slowly in the Settings menu. The 920 is jerky, but on the Nexus devices it's as smooth as silk.

Hypnopottamus

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site

This must be a 920 issue then. I've got an L820 and no issues whatsoever. My wife has a Nexus 4 and my L820 is much smoother than hers. To be honest, I didn't even think the video was that bad. I tried scrolling through the MyTube app in the Subscriptions section where there are tons of pictures/stills of videos. Everything was smooth as always.

husam2277

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site

This must be a 920 issue then. I've got an L820 and no issues whatsoever. My wife has a Nexus 4 and my L820 is much smoother than hers. To be honest, I didn't even think the video was that bad. I tried scrolling through the MyTube app in the Subscriptions section where there are tons of pictures/stills of videos. Everything was smooth as always.

so you got a good 820 unit... For my 925 and 1520 the scroll is jittery... I mentioned the video does not show the issue clearly...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre